Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ankle Surgery :D

Yep, that's going to need a few screws if not a plate or two. Well, you will be setting off the walkthrough metal detectors at the airports from now on.

A speedy recovery and be careful with the meds.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Sorry to hear that... Get well Mark. You must be a tough one to be able to sleep on 2 broken bones!

Damn I know what you are going through. Day after my 21st birthday, yes still semi-drunk, hopped over a slush puddle and hit a patch of black ice which I slipped on and fell breaking my ankle right near the joint and damaging a few tendons as well. Stupid thing I did though was walk about 1/2 mile home, up 3 flights of stairs and then decided to go to the hospital which was down 3 flights of stairs and 1/4 mile walk to a friends car.

The doctor I saw the next day really wanted to do surgery, small town and probably nothing better to do, so since I was in college decided to take the quarter off (which had just started) and have the surgery at home in Seattle. Well the doctor there didn't think surgery was needed and just casted me up. 14 years ago last month since the accident and all is well, though recently been spraining that every couple weeks or so.

Best of luck on the surgery Mark! And recover quickly, don't want ya to miss out on spring weather too much!

-Tad

As a kid I jumped over a honda civic (playing football in the street) not realizing there was a tree stump on the other side. Sprained my left ankle then ask I rolled over to stand up I sprained it again. That foot is still a little crooked.

Oh and I did catch the ball...
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    First, Ken it seems like ages since I've seen you post! WElcome back. where you been?

Mark, OUCH! I wish you a speedy recovery. I've used to sprain my ankle almost weekly, to the point that I would be walking them off in a day. But the break? Ouch!

Ps I wiped out on the ice last week twice. I wiped out and, it was pretty damn funny: My legs gave out from under me completely and so I landed squarely on my shoulder! hurt but the shoulder meat took the brunt of it! So one sec I was vertical and in a second later I was horizontal.

just pause and picture it.

and enojy the laugh at my expense.

Fell better!!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Yikes! Get better soon Mark!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Damn dude sorry about your luck, here's to a speedy recovery

Alright, guys. I have a trimalleolar fracture, and basically have a bunch of pieces of bone floating around randomly. Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. They're gonna put in 3-4 screws and a metal plate.

Really appreciate all the support; you guys are the best. :D

Hope to be out there with the planes again ASAP!

Wow, what town do you live? How long is the expected recovery? Will you have to stay completely off of it for some time? I am very sorry to hear that this is that big a deal. It is one thing to just sprain or break it but REALLY? Did you have to go that far?

I wish you well on Tues and hope you have a speedy recovery.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

This happened at school, near Albany. It'll be non weight-bearing for 4-6 weeks, and then I'll need physical therapy afterwards. And it definitely has to be a serious injury, as I was engaging in the strenuous, EXTREME and BADASS sport called walking.

I wished you were more local. I hope you have Netflix!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Mark...........I hope they can give you some spotting juice to speed up your recovery, especially with your trip to LAX next month (which I hope it hasn't impacted). Stay safe and be careful.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Gentlemen, this guy need spotting photos STAT! Or would that make it worse?
    Seriously, Mark, wish you the best and hoping you'll recover quickly. 6 weeks is only early April, so you'll be getting back at a much warmer time of year at least.