Thread: DC/VA Museums, kids, trains and planes.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

DC/VA Museums, kids, trains and planes.

We're heading to a wedding in the DC/VA area in May for a wedding on a Sat night.

Since we havent been there in years, we're going make it a nice getaway.

We start at Leesburg VA on Sat night and are then considering the "National Mall", although I am not sure exactly what that term encompasses.

I see there are 2 sites for the National Air and Space Museum. Are both recommended to see? Could you do both in a day?

I know there are CSX/MARC rails nearby so I know we're bound to see something in that area as far as the little guy seeing choo choos.

What other recommendations would you make for seeing the DC area with a 4 and 2 year old? We may do 3-5 days so I dont want to cram anything in.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

If the wedding happens to fall on May 21, take the 22nd to go to the Joint Services Open House at Andrews AFB (now known as Joint Base Andrews). Thunderbirds, Golden Knights, A-10, F-15E demos, among a whole host of other performers.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    mario the original smithsonian air & space building is in DC itself but the udvar-hazy is out in chantilly, va. it's about 45 min drive from DCA i think. i too am planning a trip to the old air & space as i've been told some of the displays have been changed since my last trip. i don't remember what train i took but we got off not far from there, right next to the FAA headquarters actually.

aside from that, i'm not sure what else there is to do with younglings in DC.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    I can do both museums as we''ll be in the area a few days. So DC and VA we can do both. I want to really see some of the museums and feel the aviation ones might appeal to the kids.

Thanks on the air show but we'll be back home for that following weekend.

Any other thoughts out there?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Be sure to check out the Aviation musuem at Capital Park, its a great little aviation musuem with many different kid-friendly activites. Nice way to spend a couple of hours and it doesn't have the crazy crowds of the air & Space Musuem.
    FDNY#13
    Be The Change You Want to See in the World
    http://www.flicker.com/cbcarver5