Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrested for taking pictures of Gate Guard at Gabreski Airport

Arrested for taking pictures of Gate Guard at Gabreski Airport

Mother of 3 arrested for taking pictures of this Helicopter at Gabreski Airport

STORY (Click Here)

Amazing
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Wow I have no words to describe how disgusting this story is.

It is a disgrace to Suffolk County Sheriffs dept.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Wow indeed... is there a web site with "The Other Side" of the story? The way this article was written, it leaves little doubt the author was BIASED 100% on Nacy;s side. I don;t deny all this may have happened, but there seems to be no other story... is there?

I doubt in this day and age it went down JUST LIKE THAT. I would love to just see the balance of the story. Otherwise I guess we'll know once the case is over or settled.

Man if this is verbatim how it happened, we all better brush up on our legal careers!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Wow indeed... is there a web site with "The Other Side" of the story? The way this article was written, it leaves little doubt the author was BIASED 100% on Nacy;s side. I don;t deny all this may have happened, but there seems to be no other story... is there?

I doubt in this day and age it went down JUST LIKE THAT. I would love to just see the balance of the story. Otherwise I guess we'll know once the case is over or settled.

Man if this is verbatim how it happened, we all better brush up on our legal careers!
    Yeah it did sound one sided. Since its an ongoing case the full truth will probably come out in the coming months.

EDIT- Wow I looked at the other links you posted and this is an odd story with some weird twists.
    Last edited by Fighting_falcon_51; 2011-02-17 at 10:35 PM.
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

yes, rifle in the car is odd but unloaded and secured is legal. Too many people involved to be that the police were just wrong here. I too want more details but it is bad any way you shake the stick.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    yes, rifle in the car is odd but unloaded and secured is legal. Too many people involved to be that the police were just wrong here. I too want more details but it is bad any way you shake the stick.
    Agreed, the newsday article shows an M-15 and Shotgun unloaded and secured (which is fine). But then there was a whole ammo cache in her car which is kind of odd. Since it is considered a military facility it may not be the brightest idea to carry weapons and ammo considering past incidents like fort hood.

GOOD READ MANNY....Lots of red flags in there. I liked this quote among others!

"On one of those prior occasions, "She had wandered on the property, looking around, and was approached by staff at the Air National Guard," Caracappa said. "She was asking them about containers on the property, and they said, 'We can't tell you that,' and asked her to leave."

NOW AFTER THAT SHE WENT BACK. She also got loud with the Judge. Sounds like she is off the hook! Looks like my link was very one sided as it does not say allot!

After reading all the links it looks like she was an accident waiting to happen.

It is old as well... I did not know it was 2009... wow, good read

IT IS HER LAWERS BLOG with a 60Million dollar lawsut!!! AHAHAHAHAH!
    I posted the links Manny posted and it is up to the Moderator if it will get seen AHAHAHAHAH.....What a JOKE, Sorry Guys!

Exactly what I thought... usually when I read sites written that detailed and that specific and that condescending with ZERO neutrality I wonder about "the other side of the story" I am all for Civil Rights but let's make sure about some wild accusations. The other giveaway is the amount of people involved in wrongdoing. It is very easy to have one person do STUPID abuse of power, even TWO partners can be abusive. Stretch it to a group in a precinct maybe, maybe... but now other agencies? People who probably never met before conspiring against one citizen? a woman? Fishy if you ask me... but, I love the rule of law. Let's see what happens in court!
    Last edited by gonzalu; 2011-02-17 at 11:33 PM.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I'd only be a tad skeptical ff I didn't experience similar behavior first hand with cops myself at ISP several years ago with Suffolk County Detectives.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

This occurred almost two years ago. At the time her Myspace page expressed her suspicion that the airport was going to be used as a "FEMA camp."

Here is the thread about it from back then: http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...reski-thwarted
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

This lady is a whack job.

I've taken photo's at Gabriski several times over the last few years. I've been questioned probably 3 or 4 times as to my intentions. Every time, I simply showed my ID, gave the guy/officer a few seconds to verify who I am & went on my way.

They made it very clear that photo's of the ANG flightline &/or security gates are not permitted but I was welcome to take pictures of the flight ops.

I was even stopped by the Airport Manager when I was getting photo's of the piper that Biden's plane destroyed last spring. He was cool as can be & even commented on this lady's arrest. She had been warned several times & was known around the airport. This is why the officer stopped in the first place. Based on what was in her car, it seems rather obvious that she staged this with the intention of getting arrested & getting some attention.

The place has not had the best reputation for spotting in the past but as is said on here time & time again. Carry your ID & ALWAYS be polite if & when questioned.