Thread: No B747s landing in Newark??

No B747s landing in Newark??

Flightaware isn't listing any scheduled 747 arrivals into Newark for the next few days. Surely there has to be at least one (Kalitta)?

FlightAware generally (always?) only lists flights for which flight plans have been filed, which is usually only a couple of hours (at most) before the flight is scheduled to leave. So looking a couple of days ahead isn't going to get you an accurate picture of what you can expect.

Kalitta does have a web page with their scheduled flights, so you can see what (of theirs) is expected.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

we (K4) live in EWR !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Kalitta does have a web page with their scheduled flights, so you can see what (of theirs) is expected.
    Now that is frickin awesome! Now only if an airline would do the same thing, would definitely make it easier to catch a special scheme! But alas, that is only a pipe dream!

-Tad

Quote Originally Posted by 727C47 View Post
    we (K4) live in EWR !!!
    We? Does that mean you work for Kalitta? I'll be needing a temp summer job soon, and EWR ground operations is on my list.

training for the 747 Classic at KYIP right now.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

While most of the routes to KEWR have replaced 747s with 777s or A340s, Kalitta of course flies there regularly and sometimes Virgin FLT1 uses B744 instead of A346. Last few days were A346.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

got to admit the A346 has presence, sort of like the old stretch 8 writ large,but still cant touch the Big Mama Boeing.

Quote Originally Posted by pgengler View Post
    FlightAware generally (always?) only lists flights for which flight plans have been filed, which is usually only a couple of hours (at most) before the flight is scheduled to leave. So looking a couple of days ahead isn't going to get you an accurate picture of what you can expect.

Great resource. It should have occurred to me that flight plans wouldn't be filed so far in advanced from the D/A date.

training for the 747 Classic at KYIP right now.
    Well, that's several orders of magnitudes better than ground crew. Lucky you :) .

its not better than ground crew,just different, i am still the same freightdog who slept in his DC3 cockpit with a leather jacket for a pillow waiting for freight, now i'm just sitting higher.

its not better than ground crew,just different, i am still the same freightdog who slept in his DC3 cockpit with a leather jacket for a pillow waiting for freight, now i'm just sitting higher.
    Uhh, sounds like a pretty awesome life there sir- part of it memories sleeping on the slanted floor of the legendary DC-3, part of it will be in the Classic Jumbo- your grandkids will be getting much better stories than mine (did I ever tell you about back when I worked in that corporate cubicle farm...)

i got some of the best sleep of my life in those old 3's because we were so completely exhausted flying 100 plus hours a month in the 90's,all hand flown ,no autopilots,but it was outstanding,hardball,flying !!!