Thread: Reno in June

Reno in June

Hey guys, another spotting question here. I posted it in here as it relates to a trip I have already booked.

I will be in Reno the first weekend in June and I have all day on that Friday to do whatever I want to. I priced it our and there is only about a 10 dollar diffrence in price, so what do you guys think would be a better use of money on airfare.......getting on a plane to Las Vegas for an afternoon of spotting or going to LAX for an afternoon of spotting? Both are direct flights and leave between 9 and 10 in the morning and I would be leaving either place at about 7 or 8 at night.

I know that there is alot of international traffic at both locations, and from what I've seen both have quite the variety. Thats why I am having a tough time choosing. I think for ease of access and getting around that LAS (sunsett blvd spotting area) would be the better choice, but I've seen many good shots taken from In'n'out burger at LAX and I could also spend some time at the theme building on the observation deck. I also think that maybe a taxi would be cheaper in Vegas.

I also have to consider that it'll be June so LAS will be rather hot and I won't have a car to get out of the sun in.

I'm torn......help me make up my mind.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

I'm gonna throw another choice into the mix here. I was just curious a minute ago so I decided to look into it and found that flying over to SFO is only about 60 bucks more round trip. I've heard good things about spottign at SFO as well and think that that would be a great airport to add to my spotting resume too. Sorry to add to teh dilema, but I had to throw that in there.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net