Thread: Midwest-Northeast Blizzard and Ice Storm 1/31-2/2

Midwest-Northeast Blizzard and Ice Storm 1/31-2/2

Over 6300 flights canceled so far today, according to FlightAware. Many more coming, no doubt.

Worst of the storm hitting nation's mid-section right now, heading toward the northeast tonight.

Blizzard Warnings for 9 states from Midwest to New England.

Winter Storm Warnings for much of the northeast.

Same storm delivering severe thunderstorms to the southeast.

Last edited by Matt Molnar; 2011-02-01 at 02:28 PM.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

It's definitely going to be an interesting couple of days around here...at least this week I am not flying anywhere.
    It's the fares, stupid

I heard at FRG, they are revising their snow removal plan to ensure they have enough ramp space clear for the air show...

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I made the mistake of driving through Oklahoma in Dec 07' when they had this same storm. Everything covered in half an inch of ice and no power. It's amazing I made it through.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

DAL is closed due to ice. DFW is open, but at least one runway is closed (not clear if it's more than one) but not much of a problem since most flights there are canceled anyway.

So much for the idea of hosting the Super Bowl in "warm" cities. :)
    Last edited by Matt Molnar; 2011-02-01 at 06:02 PM.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Art at ISP View Post
    It's definitely going to be an interesting couple of days around here...at least this week I am not flying anywhere.
    I think for us here in the Tri-State area after Midnite into tomorrow afternoon will be when we get hit!! Looks like lots of ice then rain and the ice has the potential to bring down trees and
    powerlines. Tomorrow mornings rush should be real interesting in terms of icing. Once again like in previous storms I will wake up as usual at 5:40AM and see what Mother Nature has
    brought us overnite then make my "Go/No Go" decision.
    Be safe everyone!! This Mutha is one dangerous and nasty SOB!!