Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show off your car thread!

Awesome Bill!

Just a quick question....I saw an NYCAviation plate on the front of Moose's car in one of his photos. Where these available for purchase at one point (or currently)? If not, has getting plates or decals been considered? I think many of the members (myself included) would be proud to purchase and display the NYCAviation name in some way on our vehicles.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Just a quick question....I saw an NYCAviation plate on the front of Moose's car in one of his photos. Where these available for purchase at one point (or currently)?
    One word...Photoshop.

2010 Toyota Corolla LE

Parked at home about a week after delivery... had about 150 miles on it at the time...

Pretty sure you all know where this was taken...

Thanks Moose. The thought of Photoshop never even entered my mind with that.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Here's my current 2009 Civic:

And here's my former vehicle, my 1992 Chevy K1500. I miss this guy. AKA "The Growler".

Quote Originally Posted by JDANDO View Post
    2003 Mercury Marauder (with a few mods)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a Marauder?! One of my favorite cars of all time. SOO jealous. We need to go spotting together in that thing asap!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

N301TZ- cool tag Phil

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Hey, EMS, when you drop that you have train horns, you need to explain. Leslie? Nathans? What you got? Also, now we need a video to hear 'em!

I've got a 5 gallon kit, manual valve and 5 chimer going into my beater car. But the car above may only get 2-3 bells, still considering locations for where the tank and compressor go. Did you sacrifice interior space for the goods or do it all under the car? And did you do it yourself or farm it out?

HornBlasters Conductor's Special Model 240 Train Horn Kit

http://www.hornblasters.com/products...train-horn-kit

The tank with compressor on top is in the back right corner, I had to do a little cut in the storage tray but still have good room. Not much space under a Liberty to put a tank. The Shocker S4 Train Horns are tucked under the the drivers side. My brother-in-law did it for me in his shop.

They now have a five gallon tank. I think I would go for a pancake tank to save room next time.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    I know but the pancakes doesnt see to save much space unless you put in under and ditch the spare.

Dude, we're gonna have a horn duel in a few months!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Does anybody know if any beaches on the south shore or fire island allow you to drive your vehicle on them this time of year? Just wondering cause I would like to snap a shot of my truck on the beach for this thread while I'm possibly down there this weekend.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

I don't know what is open at this time of year, but for the most part, to drive your vehicle (4x4 only) on the beach at all, you need a permit. The permits are for beach access to fishing spots, and you must carry the specified fishing gear (along with other required equipment) when on the beach.

This site - http://www.stripers247.com/NYS-Beach-Permits.php - has a good synopsis of the permits issued by various state, county, and town authorities, and includes this warning:

You must have fishing pole and tackle, shovel, tow chain or rope, a working jack with support board, tire gauge and approved tires, appropriate spare tire and a trash bag. You may not need the aforementioned equipment when applying for some permits, but they will revoke this permit if you are caught on the beach without it!
    Last edited by moose135; 2011-02-02 at 02:04 PM.

Wow! The State of New York is pretty strict with that stuff isn't it? I'm not knocking the requirements, because I think its a good idea to err on the side of caution, as I have heard a few stories from my cousing about people getting stuck out at Gilgo Beach when the tide was coming in. Just not about to go get all that stuff and a permit to drive out on the beach for 10-15 minutes to take a few pictures.

I may end up just going to Watch Hill here in RI after work today. Up here I don't believe any of that is required as I have driven out on the beach here before and the "beach patrol" didn't say anything. And the access is easy in and easy out. I just hope that there isn't much snow left on the beach or piles blocking the entrance.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

All our Ambulances have Hornblasters kits installed... they are schweet!! Nothing like it when you need to clear space in front of the Emergency Room.

No I do not work as an EMT but do work for IT the the hospital... and my office faces to the south of the building, the ED is in the north side of the building and I hear them CLEARLY from the 18th floor LOL.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    I can't wait to get my horns installed. I'm gonna take EMS down ;)
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187