Thread: Flying Wild Alaska

Flying Wild Alaska

Caught this on Discovery Channel and enjoyed it. It covers all of ERA Alaska's divisions and the owner and his family. It was pretty good. Catch it if you can. It's on Friday's at 9 eastern.
    Gene

I did see it and the first show was good. I give it two thumbs up
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

That show was awesome. Loved the shot of the one pilot landing in the extreme headwinds.

As an old ramp rat myself, Tweeto's daughter has alot to learn out there. Made me nervous just watching her.
    Last edited by Spunker; 2011-01-18 at 04:36 PM.

I love the crashed C-97 shot at the very beginning of the first episode.... They also showed a crashed 737 where the tail was torn off and was an air to ground shot for like 3 seconds.

I would love to visit old wrecks in Alaska. They have some really old wrecks that would be neat to see!

I would also love to see the old shipwrecks!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Just got the second episode and will be watching it soon. This may just be the first television show I'm excited about enough to watch weekly. Sure beats Ice Road Truckers...

Watching "Alaska Wing Men" and that is some scary stuff flying out there in Alaska!! I'm sitting on my couch and scared!!

I know Gerard, keeps you excited on those flights. Imagine what it feels like actually being on one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Spunker View Post
    I know Gerard, keeps you excited on those flights. Imagine what it feels like actually being on one of them
    Seriously!! Ice, fog, low clouds, BEARS!!!

Both of these shows beats the pants off Ice Road Truckers, and that's a pretty good show. Saw my first "Alaska Wing Men" last night on my girlfriend's DVR and loved it. Loved the shots of the planes landing on skis. Finally our hobby is getting some attention.

Now if they would just make a show called "Plane Crazy" or something like that about spotting....just think, they could have multiple people they focused on like in these shows, and for our show it could be spotters in different cities...well, I would watch it!