Thread: Qantas Launch new route Sydney- Dallas- Brisbane-Sydney effective 16th May, B744

Qantas Launch new route Sydney- Dallas- Brisbane-Sydney effective 16th May, B744

Hi all,

some good and bad news today depending on which side of the coin you look from..

see the links here http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...011/jan11/5060 and a press release here http://money.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8196831

This announcement has a very long history to it.. DFW was a potential destination for Qantas for years to tie up with Americans hub which as many know is a very close oneworld partner.. it was thought that after Qantas decided not to buy 777's in the 1990s that this route wouldn't eventualize and even then maybe only when the 787 came- subsequent delays in the delivery of 787s as well as the new Continental Houston Auckland service starting with their 777s are two factors potentially influencing the decision for this new route.. but either way I think its an exciting venture..

The flying time on SYD-DFW- a direct flight will be around 16-17 hours (dependant on winds)- it will be when it starts in May the longest 747 passenger service globally at 8624 miles from Sydney.. the return flight is back via Brisbane to necessitate refuelling due to headwinds back across the pacific..

Unfortunately as a result- QF's pulled out of SFO services- which will come as a dissapointment to many (myself included).. United still does service the SYD-SFO route and a few other airlines would desperately like to get their hands on it too (SQ, VS, NZ etc but it wont happen lol)

At least now- Qantas will serve west coast US (LAX), East coast in JFK and a central North American destination in DFW..there are rumours SFO service will be restarted once Jetstar gets their 787s but no guarantees yet.. Also there is a possibility of Qantas starting up Chicago once they get their 787s too.

Interested in booking a flight? Come visit- the introductory fares are around $1000 aud return for economy and $2500 for premium economy (australian dollars however our currencies are almost dollar to dollar)..

Oh and for all those based in NYC- QF announced today that the 107/108 Service from LAX-JFK will become Daily as well.. unfortunately still with the A330 so you will have to come to LAX for Wunala!
    Last edited by Qantas_787; 2011-01-16 at 11:19 PM.
    Qantas orders 188 narrow body aircraft!!!

How often is Wunala the equipment for US bound flights?
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I was watching the local new this morning in Dallas while there on business. They were showing video's of the A380.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Manny,

check this site- http://www.16right.com/ACARS.php?Reg...&submit=Search

If you search OEJ which is Wunalas rego there- it will show when its leaving Australia on almost all occasions so you will be able to see if its coming! Remember that is an Aussie site so 13th January on there is actually a 13th January arrival for LAX

Mark- yeah was great news.. the QF a380s will be back on LAX services next week- which is welcome news!

A friend was telling me DFW just became A380 ready with some new gates recently so maybe its a possibility in the future- but i reckon more likely is the 787 on that route- i believe itd have the range..

ps talking about A380s im still trying to get that elusive 3 airline A380 shot.. we have Emirates, Singapore and Qantas A380s flying into Sydney- and soon there will be more.. so far some have gotten 2 or 3 Qantas ones in a frame or 2 airlines but no one has gotten 3- technically it is possible with the arrival times but not easy.. the competitions on :)
    Last edited by Qantas_787; 2011-01-15 at 05:30 AM.
    Qantas orders 188 narrow body aircraft!!!