Thread: Regarding Spotting Location Announcement....

Regarding Spotting Location Announcement....

For those who have read our announcement (http://nycaviation.com/forum/announcement.php?f=60), you may discuss or ask questions here.

Please do not turn this into the same debate we've had many times about old, closed locations. We're looking to the future to make sure we can all enjoy the locations that we currently have available to us.

Thanks guys!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Does this mean that I can not say I took that picture from the top of the airport fuel truck when I take the picture from the top of the airport fuel truck?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Does this mean that I can not say I took that picture from the top of the airport fuel truck when I take the picture from the top of the airport fuel truck?
    You weren't supposed to tell anyone that, Fred!

You can always just take me. I'm like a get out of jail free card
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Sure you can, Phil only meant big airports.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

That sounds ok as long as you don't make the news by falling off said fuel truck :)

Just don't distract any Gulfstream drivers while you're up there...

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Not to worry guys, if anything were to happen...people have my back! ;)
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    For those who have read our announcement (http://nycaviation.com/forum/announcement.php?f=60), you may discuss or ask questions here.
    Please do not turn this into the same debate we've had many times about old, closed locations. We're looking to the future to make sure we can all enjoy the locations that we currently have available to us. Thanks guys!
    Any particular incident spur this announcement or just a friendly reminder from our friends at NYCA?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Any particular incident spur this announcement or just a friendly reminder from our friends at NYCA?
    There was a heightened sense of awareness pertaining to certain areas because of something that raised our risk so I decided to initiate this rule as a preventative measure. There was no actual "incident" and no one did anything wrong, but something bring this about, to become an official rule.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    There was a heightened sense of awareness pertaining to certain areas because of something that raised our risk so I decided to initiate this rule as a preventative measure. There was no actual "incident" and no one did anything wrong, but something bring this about, to become an official rule.
    Thanks Phil.

And here I was worried that it was the incident that involved me, AT-6 Texan, the airport fire truck and the blowup autopilot. PHEW, Otto will be sooo relieved!

Hmmm....I was under the impression that people already don't share info about the juicy spots they've found. Partly because of not wanting to turn certain spots into circuses, but mostly because of people wanting to get their shots on anet without unnecessary competition. And they themselves have admitted this in a recent thread.

After the ramp tour got cancelled last August, I gave up all hope of ever getting any (decent)ramp shots at JFK unless I'm a ticketed passenger. I don't know anyone who works anywhere in an airport, and I don't bother trying to scour Google Earth anymore(maybe if I park behind that truck, then run through the culvert and take pictures while knee-deep in ****, I can get a two-second window of getting a shot of the AA baggage carts before they disappear behind that embankment). That crap drives me crazy. You go through all that to "get the shot", then your accepted shot joins a dozen others that look EXACTLY the same? Please. And to think, it was only 10 years ago that I pulled that U-turn at 150th Rd to sprint eastbound up Rockaway Blvd and pull onto the grass(yes, the damn grass) by the 22L approach, to sit there for a solid two hours with my car sticking out like a sore thumb, without ANY interruptions except a bird ****ting on my car, basking in the glory of airliners landing so close I could read the inflight magazines

Don't mind me and my bitchin, I'm just getting sick of how crazy things have gotten. Thanks for letting me rant.

And FYI, down here in Philly, the FAA just green lighted the airport expansion plan that will create a 3rd East-West runway, and in the process we will be losing some/most/all(don't know yet) of Hog Island Rd. That's basically where the spotting is done down here. Looks like I may buy that little boat after all