Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7D anyone

Manny - Here's what I used to compare the 60D to 7D noise: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos60D/page19.asp
    Sensor is the same size, so it's a fair comparison. My 7D to 40D comparison would just be what I've seen in my pictures. I've never had a problem with getting noise rejections on A.net with ISO 200 shots before, but with the 7D, that became a problem, and I had to use NR in my PP for the first time.

Fred - yeah, you have a point about FPS...really needed that 8 FPS at SXM :)
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Just because at SXM, all the girls drink free that are topless, do you really have to rub it in that there were so many that you really needed 8 shots per second? Geesh!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Just because at SXM, all the girls drink free that are topless, do you really have to rub it in that there were so many that you really needed 8 shots per second? Geesh!
    Yeah, I mean I have SO MANY shots that I unfortunately can't post here or on A.net I mean...doesn't anyone wonder why I have no shots of the AF A340 or Corsair? They would have gotten rejected for "Topless Chick Clutter"!!

Fred

what store are you looking to buy it from that they were out?

I just came back from Adorama ( picked up the T2i ) they had them in stock
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Canon Loyalty program...Canon
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

I will throw my input in here as well. I looked into the 7D a while back. I have heard that some have no noise problems while many others report high noise issues at 100 ISO. The 1.6 with 18MP will certainly do it. Many people I spoke with just told me they edit out the noise with noise ninja etc. I always felt though for the money/price, I shouldn't have to worry about that as an issue/time consumer. Any input to the contrary would be much appreciated. The 5D MKII seems like the best right now in terms of image quality, however it breaks the bank and then need you have to be concerned with lens capatability since most here, including me, have the 30, 40, 50, 7 D models.
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

Program Coordinator
    I will throw my input in here as well. I looked into the 7D a while back. I have heard that some have no noise problems while many others report high noise issues at 100 ISO. The 1.6 with 18MP will certainly do it. Many people I spoke with just told me they edit out the noise with noise ninja etc. I always felt though for the money/price, I shouldn't have to worry about that as an issue/time consumer. Any input to the contrary would be much appreciated. The 5D MKII seems like the best right now in terms of image quality, however it breaks the bank and then need you have to be concerned with lens capatability since most here, including me, have the 30, 40, 50, 7 D models.
    If you have the 7D what do you think of it?

Why not go for a 5D classic if the 5Dmkii is out of reach?

I find the ISO100 on the 7D, especially with good glass to be good. ISO200 is really iffy for some reason. All the others are fine to me.

I'm sorry if that wasn't typed correct. I don't own the 7D, just meant that most here own Canon bodies with some lenses not compible with the 5D's.

So you have noise at 200 and nothing else? More noise at 200 then 400 and up?
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

Program Coordinator
    So you have noise at 200 and nothing else? More noise at 200 then 400 and up?
    Unless I need to I don't really like using 200 - then again most of the time I break it out I'm in subpar conditions (dark and grey) anyways, so it's already a strike against me...but even in low/moderate light it just doesn't impress me. I almost always need to go back and take out some grain from 200. 400 or higher is generally pretty reliable until you get to 3200. It's capability surprised me 400+ over the 40D, but 200?...the 40D was way better. I'm looking to pick up a 5D now...just debating between saving for the mkii version or picking up a good condition classic.

I think the 5Dmkii is just over $1500 in the loyalty program but it is hit and miss for one of those body's! The guy I talked to today could not believe the 7d was out of stock. He said stock has not been out on that for a while... Go figure!

Program Coordinator
    I think the 5Dmkii is just over $1500 in the loyalty program
    New??? Want to pick one up for me?...I'll mail you the check tomorrow!

Really like my T2i Fred

Scotty!!! What's up man, how is life? Good to see you here. Can;t wait for our first airshow of the year. I am going mad not seeing F-15s up in the air :-)

Cheers!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by jerslice View Post
    New??? Want to pick one up for me?...I'll mail you the check tomorrow!
    I think all the cameras in the Canon Loyalty program are refurbs (whether it be just customer returns or ones Canon actually needed to fix). I was thinking about the 5DM2 also, but just couldn't trade a 1.6x crop for a full frame, especially because of the large shooting distances at JFK.

They have been out of stock since Thursday (first time out of stock in a month). On the websites I have researched they say that they replenish stock usually on Tuesday's. I have checked the website for refurbished 7d's every 1/2 hour all day. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow.