Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7D anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Spunker View Post
    Really like my T2i Fred
    The T2i was my choice as it has almost the same image as the 7D. It was originally going to be my backup camera but that ran into problems.

1. If I am shooting anything of importance, I would want the 18mp and not the 10. (that made it the primary camera and not the backup!)
    2. if I am shooting anything of importance, I would want the ability of shooting very high ISO if needed and can hand hold night photography if needed (that made it the primary camera and not the backup!)
    3. If needbe, the HD video option is nice

Reasons to pick the 7d as a PRIMARY CAMERA

1. The rebel line is too small in my hand and my hand starts cramping after 3 hours of straight shooting (you never realize how bad until you use the 10d/20d/30d/40d/50d or 60d). I had a rebel and it would work great as a backup but not primary.
    2. The ability to shoot 8 pictures a second! Great for HDR's and aviation (my camera does 6 shots a second and I can not go back to 3shots per second)
    3. I can dial in the len's to make sure each lens is not back focusing or front focusing.
    4. Weather sealed
    5. it has the same layout like the 40D so swapping between the two is much easier as it is possible to get thrown a little jumping between a rebel and larger with different buttons (like when a shot a recient wedding)
    6. NEXT GENERATION FOCUS THAT WORK MUCH BETTER IN LOW LIGHT (most of my shooting is low light)

Yes I can do the job just as well with the t2i but if I am grabbing a camera I do not want to grab the 40d for comfort yet be torn to grab the t2i for function. It was a long hard debate with the t2i/60D/7D but there is only one answer

7D

I can not thank you all enough for your wonderful debate! It just made me realize that without hesitation that I am NOT throwing away money on a better camera for what it says on the name plate but I am purchasing a camera that I will use to it's full potential! I hope it is in stock tomorrow!!!!!
    Last edited by Derf; 2011-01-17 at 10:20 PM.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

My Sigma 500DG Supers will not work with the 7D as per what I was reading. The ETTL will not communicate correctly. I took my 2 Sigma Flash's to Sigma today and they are rechipping them for free!

7D Still out of stock
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Wahooooo! Monday or Tuesday!

Sweet !! Congrats
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Let me know how it is! I am thinking about that body also!
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

I will post more here when I get it.

Congrats!!! Looking forward to your postings with your new equipment.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Well, I just got the Camera and I am floored! Of course it will take some time to get used to it but I tried the off camera flash with one of my 2 Sigma EF 500DG Supers and it worked on the first shot and for the first time without me using a preflash like I had to do when I would optically trigger it. I can now shoot with 2 off camera flashes in a room without having to worry about people setting off my flashes! I am very happy!

Here was my one test shot with one of my 2 flashes!

I also noticed that for HDR I can do -3 0 +3 and with the 8Shots per second it is cool as hell doing it!!!

I am sure I will post much more soon ;)

The picture is not showing up for me :( Congrats on the new body!
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

I am even more amazed.... The Flash off camera are ttl and are working great. Here are two shots without touching the flashes

Niftey 50 at 100ISO 250th/sec F1.8

Niftey 50 at 100ISO 250th/sec changed to F9

One flash in front of the car and one at about 90 degrees... Not to be a great picture, just showing 2 different flashes and ttl working well.

Dust was left on my sons toy car to show detail..... Lovin this!

Can you believe I have not done an HDR with it yet? Lovin this new camera!

My first HDR with my 7D