Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JFK - 12/29 (Image Heavy)

excellent shots Mark and Manny!

was great to spot with you guys .. the traffic was pretty awesome and the sun did come out which was good!

highlights of the day: Titan 767, Saudi 747 cargo- which complements my pictures of a Saudi 747sp and 757 at Washingtons Dulles Airport last week (the windchill factor at dulles spotting made JFK seem warm- gloves on was a go for Washington!), LOT 767 star alliance as Manny mentioned, Green Machine CX 777 B-KPF, the Emirates 777 skycargo knowing it had flown 17.5 hrs directly from my hometown and to have shot it at JFK was cool..

oh and also the deranged man at Hobe in his car with 2 american flags who waves beads madly when planes fly over- didnt know whether to laugh or sympathize with him- looks like he is pretty messed up.. wonder if he knows nycaviation.com

currently on a pretty bad wifi connection, so cant post my pictures at the moment- but they number 2000... will post them when i get some decent net and can upload them here!

cheers again guys- was a great day out and loved the traffic!
    Qantas orders 188 narrow body aircraft!!!

Matt, good to hear you had a good time. And yes, a lucky day for you spot wise! Sometimes you feel as if JFK was HPN lol. Not that there's anything wrong with HPN I really wish the Emirates 777 taxied while it was still light. Even if it were dark I'd have shot SOMETHING. I had no idea it was a record breaker! Look forward to your pictures. When I am in AUS I expect the same kind of exciting air traffic so go make some phone calls and make it happen :P
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

BTW, did you get the files?
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Looking forward to your photo's Matt. I'm glad that there was so much variety for you to catch. By the way, funny thing you mention the guy with the beads. I was spotting from HoBe yesterday afternoon for about 1 1/2 hours and the bead guy was there. I parked a few cars away from him (big mistake). He saw me taking pictures and he stated it was illegal and you'll go to jail (which I ignored). He said it again, and I looked directly and told him ..... I'm American and this is my country and I am not giving up my freedom (I guess that must of hit a spot with him) (another mistake). He walked over to me and was telling me how the planes strobe lights on the wings and tail were talking to him (at this point I kept my mouth shut). On top of that he wants to sell me an XL sweat shirt! I couldn't believe how much crap this poor guy had in his car. LESSON LEARNED...........if you see the bead guy (he's harmless), don't park anywhere near him.

Happy New Year to all!!!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet