Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Northeast Blizzard December 2010

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    That was the Jets - they played in Chicago Sunday.
    Whoops, I got my football teams confused. Thanks for clearing that up. The aircraft didn't return to EWR until a few hours ago.

No doubt that this storm was intense.. Me and a fellow member were in the tower when the storm started.. I took a bunch of pics which I will eventually get around to posting... Monday morning I started trying to get to JFK from Long Beach and finally gave up at 0930 or so. It is dangerous out there. We still have not been plowed down on the bay side... At one point I offered a cab 300 to get me to JFK and the guy refused... When a Russian refuses money you know it is bad
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

So concerned - I've been looking at the ROC to JFK flights today, and the same flight today as I'm taking tomorrow (Delta 6052) is delayed 3 hours. I HAVE to make a connection at JFK tomorrow. Would it be best to just take alternative transportation to JFK from ROC? What is the likelihood of the same situation tomorrow? I'm very worried, as this is my second attempt to make this trip, and really am in need of knowledgeable advice.

Here's a variety of photos from the past few days...

Sunday afternoon, about 1:30pm, it was snowing about 2 hours at this point.

About 4pm Sunday:

Monday morning at Midnight:

Monday morning, around 9:30am:

And my neighbor's back yard:

The magic of a snowblower:

Republic Airport, Tuesday morning:

Planting Fields Arboretum this afternoon (Wednesday):

Coe Hall at Planting Fields:

That was great!!!!! WOW

Now all I need is a tripod and I am all set!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Moose great shots.
    Back into Manhattan today and couldnt believe the amount of snow on the sidewalks from Midtown to the Upper east side. Kinda pain-in-the-ass walking especially with all the
    tourists around. Curbs are a sloppy mess.

Quote Originally Posted by BabiBlue49 View Post
    So concerned - I've been looking at the ROC to JFK flights today, and the same flight today as I'm taking tomorrow (Delta 6052) is delayed 3 hours. I HAVE to make a connection at JFK tomorrow. Would it be best to just take alternative transportation to JFK from ROC? What is the likelihood of the same situation tomorrow? I'm very worried, as this is my second attempt to make this trip, and really am in need of knowledgeable advice.
    I delays should be calming down. How much time do you have between the connection? I doubt the flight will with no delay but I don't think it will be delayed 3 hours.

First post. New To The Forums! I'm pretty late, but here are some pictures from that evening. We boarded the plane at about 4 something ish. I figured that we were going to get cancelled but the pilot ended up pushing from the gate. While the A320 was beginning to turn and burn Engine 2, the entire plane just shut off. It seemed to me that it happened during the switch from APU power to Engine power...We ended up going back to the gate, put on another plane and finally cancelled. :(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2457406...7625560780203/

Nice shots, Red, and welcome to NYCA!

Here's what my backyard looked like after the storm had passed.

The drift is a little over 4 feet

Finally, the walkway got plowed! Two days after the storm and the street hasn't been plowed.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet