Thread: T-6 Farewell last week

T-6 Farewell last week

We had our official Farewell of our old home last week and the agreement was signed for the upcoming demolition of the terminal. We were not allowed in the rear half of the terminal . Here are some shots taken that day
    "You above all"

Great pics..... I've got a few I'll throw in here at some point myself.. I see myself or at least part of me and my bag in one of your pics... Hahaha
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I will be very sad to see T6 go. I have many memories of that terminal going back to when it was TWA's domestic terminal. I've flown TWA, Carnival, America West, and of course jetBlue many times from that terminal...I really don't do well when these old terminals are knocked down!!

The first time I was in T6 was back around 1980 - in college, I was working security at the Pan Am hangars at JFK. After PAA bought National Airlines and inherited the terminal, they closed down operations there. We had a couple of guards on duty until TWA took it over, and on weekends when I was the patrol driver, I'd take them down there. I've flown out of there on TWA and Carnival as well, never flew jetBlue.

Should have reopened it for all the stuck planes.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

Always loved this terminal. Loved the boarding area it was all circular but it always seemed a little cold because of the concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawks7757 View Post
    Should have reopened it for all the stuck planes.
    What stuck planes would you be referring to? There were none.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"