Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trump buys 757 selling 727

Looks very nice.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

The 727 isn't gone for good just yet. He has just filed a flight plan to come back to LGA this afternoon.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    The 727 isn't gone for good just yet. He has just filed a flight plan to come back to LGA this afternoon.
    and she's been repainted. titles now read "weststar" and the tail is some sort of a pilot's wing logo. looks almost identical to this but retains the same basic trump colors:

methinks we'll be seeing the 757 pretty soon.
    Last edited by cancidas; 2011-05-17 at 04:38 PM.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas View Post
    and she's been repainted. titles now read "weststar" and the tail is some sort of a pilot's wing logo.
    http://weststar-aviation.com/

The 727 is at Northeast Philadelphia right now, with plans filed for KPNE-KLGA-KPBI this afternoon. I'm wondering if Trump is keeping the jet, but putting it out on charter like many others.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by mdgjedde View Post
    The 727 is at Northeast Philadelphia right now, with plans filed for KPNE-KLGA-KPBI this afternoon. I'm wondering if Trump is keeping the jet, but putting it out on charter like many others.
    it's possible but i doubt it. the airplane no longer carries his name. everything else around him is "trumpified' so i doubt that he'd be connected to it anymore.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas View Post
    it's possible but i doubt it. the airplane no longer carries his name. everything else around him is "trumpified' so i doubt that he'd be connected to it anymore.
    I was just curious. LGA-PBI was a rather common Trump route, as you all know.

When the 727 departed LGA the last few days it was Trumps crews flying it, I am guessing LGA-PBI was either for Mr Trump or someone connected to him. I am guessing he
    sold the aircraft to Weststar, with some sort of temporary lease agreement until the 757 is ready. I am guessing the 75 took a further delay prompting him to use his now
    de-Trumpified 727 longer than planned.

Well VP-BDJ appears to be (I presume) on delivery to Malaysia via a longer but more overland Eastern route. She departed PBI around 0830 this morning and as I type this she is enroute YQX (Gander) to PMI (Palma Mallorca, Spain). Pretty small chance this is a trip for Trump though, will know for sure if she continues East tommorrow. Sure going to miss that bird as she has been a LGA fixture for around 20 years !

The 757 seems to be ready for delivery. It's still registered as N757AF, but it's now unblocked on Flight Aware and took to the skies as recent as three days ago:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N757AF

Here's what VP-BDJ looks like now:

Here is my last shot of VP-BDJ taken in the rain on May 20, sure wish I could have gotten a better shot in the revised scheme. Very hard to see in any of the photos but their is a very small Malaysian flag right behind the cockpit windows. I am sure going to miss this old girl at LGA but equally excited about her replacement Boeing. Cheers LGA777

Photo Courtesy of FlightAware.com
    Last edited by LGA777; 2011-05-30 at 01:12 PM.

Breaking: Trumps new 757 enroute to LGA

N757AF enroute to LGA ETA 1805L from BQK if anyone can grab it, I am not at work today.

LGA777

Unblocked, thoughtfully. Though if the BARR thing goes through I suppose it would have been anyway.

It looks like they're in a holding pattern over North Carolina right now.

I like the colors! Unique but preserving some of the old livery. At least the plane will still be flying, somewhere.