Thread: Fly over question

Fly over question

Good morning all- After watching yesterday's Army - Navy game I got to thinking- 1) Aircraft from what naval squadron did the flyover yesterday? and 2) Just how is it determined what squadron will do the flyover (for this as well as any other event)? Thanks...
    KEn

VFA-103 did the flyover.

I have no idea how it's determined who gets to do it, but here is video of the flyovers (with much better coverage than CBS' coverage, and I was two miles away!). I spent the better part of the late morning and early afternoon at PHL so that video is mixed in with the Army/Navy stuff, which is towards the end of the video.

It was a 4-ship of F18s, they flew directly over my apartment in Old City in Philadelphia, headed East....

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07 View Post
    It was a 4-ship of F18s, they flew directly over my apartment in Old City in Philadelphia, headed East....
    And 4 UH-60s. Like that they did a temporary halt on departures during the Fly Overs.
    Steven you have your scanner hooked up to the camera or were you being an octopus shooting video and holding caMERA? lol!

Four AH-64A Apaches - not UH-60 Blackhawks... and they were Super Hornets and not Hornets. They turned northwest as you can tell in the video.

Oh and my scanner was hanging off of my pants pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Holzinger View Post
    Four AH-64A Apaches - not UH-60 Blackhawks... Oh and my scanner was hanging off of my pants pocket...
    LOl thanks. And yeah I just did a closer look and saw they were Apaches. And I had my damn glasses on!!