Thread: Can't Get Passur on Smartphones

Can't Get Passur on Smartphones

I enjoy watching aircraft on Passur but when I attempt to do so on smartphones, I just get the map but no aircraft. I think it has something to do with "cookies". Is there a way to download onto smartphones so I can see the aircraft? Even the mighty iPhone doesn't get the aircraft.

Passur uses a type of program called a Java applet. I don't believe any phones support these.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

You must be correct. I tried to use Passur on various smartphones and none got the map or aircraft. Even more surprising, I was not even able to get Passur on current iMacs or any Apple products. I tried downloading Firefox but no luck. Imagine spending 2 grand on an iMac and you can't see Passur yet my cheaper laptop easily shows Passur and gets flash videos and Java applets. I think it's a copyright thing. I guess that Microsoft rules!

u r right my cheap refurb windows laptop used to give me PASSUR,no problemo,my Mac book not so much.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Works fine on my old MacBook. There was a Java update for mac OS last week, maybe that's what you need.