Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Six Years with the Mighty Stratus

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Knock yourself out Mario but the diesel car was a flop when they first tried it and with the advances in straight gas powered vehicles and the electric cars now along with the tax breaks your better off buying a Prius or a fuel effecient gas powered car.
    Honestly, the only thing thats kept me is that I don't care for the VW/mercedes maintenance. Otherwise clean diesel is not a flop.

Fed tax credits are up to 3400 on diesel and Prius alike. Up to 7500 on plug-in hybrids or electric cars. But I doubt many are laying out 40K for unproven technology like the Volt just for a 7500 tax credit.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

NLovis
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Honestly, the only thing thats kept me is that I don't care for the VW/mercedes maintenance. Otherwise clean diesel is not a flop.

Fed tax credits are up to 3400 on diesel and Prius alike. Up to 7500 on plug-in hybrids or electric cars. But I doubt many are laying out 40K for unproven technology like the Volt just for a 7500 tax credit.
    Diesel also costs more at the pump and less stations carry it so you may have to drive out of the way a little to find a deisel pump. My 2 cents.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    But I doubt many are laying out 40K for unproven technology like the Volt just for a 7500 tax credit.
    i wouldn't... but i really like the idea of hydrogen cars honda's FCX Clarity. great idea, and it's clean technology that works within the confines of what cars are capable of today; i.e. a couple hundred miles on a tank of fuel, then only a few minutes to refuel and you're on your way. that would be the only new car i'd be interested in buying these days. too bad it's only in CA for now.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Knock yourself out Mario but the diesel car was a flop when they first tried it and with the advances in straight gas powered vehicles and the electric cars now along with the tax breaks your better off buying a Prius or a fuel effecient gas powered car.
    I don't disagree but I can't agree entirely...a buddy of mine picked up an '04 diesel jetta with 50k on it and averages about 45mpg...unless diesel costs double mogas, it seems pretty attractive to me. Plus it's badass to pull your 4 door sedan up to the diesel pump next to the big rigs. Just sayin'.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/...cus-cant-have/

excerpt from above, Nick:

Diesel-powered cars currently account for approximately 1 percent of U.S. sales, but are expected to rise as corporate average fuel economy standards start to climb toward a target of 54.5 mpg by 2025.

Nevertheless, Ford’s top competitor, Chevrolet, has announced that it will begin selling a diesel version of its best-selling Cruze four-door starting in 2013. Rumor has it that Chevy is aiming for it to get over 50 mpg highway on the EPA cycle.

$4/ gallon gas is here to stay but gas powered Cruze's don't come come to diesel, Nick. All they need now is to do a diesel electric hybrid and you're really hummin!
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

I drove a well-equipped Cruze last week and it was quite nice for a car in that size/price range. I would buy a diesel Cruze over a gas-powered Civic if the price was right.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    I drove a well-equipped Cruze last week and it was quite nice for a car in that size/price range. I would buy a diesel Cruze over a gas-powered Civic if the price was right.
    I've gotten a Cruze twice as a rental...not a fan. Way to small of a car. I will say Chevy did do a nice job for the class the car sits in, but I think its just way to small.

On the Dodge front... I've never owned a Dodge and never in the past considered one before but the new Charger is on my short list of cars I'm considering for 2012. They did a great job with the restyle both in and out and the new Penstar V6 packs a punch and retains decent gas milage for the HP.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    On the Dodge front... I've never owned a Dodge and never in the past considered one before but the new Charger is on my short list of cars I'm considering for 2012. They did a great job with the restyle both in and out and the new Penstar V6 packs a punch and retains decent gas milage for the HP.
    I knew I'd turn you into a Mopar guy! They really have done a good job with the new Charger, love the redesigned look!

I was never a fan of Dodge until a distant relative of mine got involved:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Gilles

That said, I ahvent seen the new Charger but I've be privvy to a big ass Dodge truck... The current charger was plagued with obscene blind spots.