Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2011

No idea, I had not seen much of your night work and I have no idea what the competition will be like or how much of it there will be. I also have to make sure first we can even do it. If we can do it, it is like the Lotto....you have to be in it to win it!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

NLovis
    Well derf 9/10 of my spotting is night shots inside JFK since i work the evening shift most of the time and with the sun setting early at this time of the year. I have stuff all around the forum posted. Take a look around one day and watch for new posts as I spot more.

Nick, it would probably be a lot easier for us to evaluate samples of your work if you point to where you have them posted (Flikr, etc) rather than relying on us to find your photos scattered around the forums.

NLovis
    I dont have them anywhere else aside from NYCA. Im a one place master. Give me some time and ill put a few up here for ya.

If we are able to do the event again this year there will be a formal release with instructions on how to enter. It would include you sending in 3 photos to be judged on quality. It is not how many megapixels but rather composition, proper exposure, and artistic quality. For your best chances I would start posts asking "how can I improve my night shots" and put examples.... Many examples. The resources on this forum are incredible and not to use it would be a crime. If your at JFK every night you stand an excellent shot of getting some outstanding captures. Enter your 3 best (if the event is allowed) and cross your fingers. This is how you stand the best chance of finding out if your that good, or improving so you are that good very quickly. I wish you luck but can not play favorites....
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Any ideas on if the Raptor will stage from JFK?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

It was at ISP last time. They wanted to use Gabreski, but had issues with the condition of taxiways...

As I understand it, Fifi will be at the terminal this year....as always, this is subject to change

Well at least the show is getting better with the A-10 & the F-22.

I still wish that somehow they could get a fly by or two of the still flying Grumman birds or an E-2 demo. When you think of the contributions LI has made to Naval Aviation it would be great to see these planes over Jones Beach.

I can't wait to see the B-29 that should be awesome.

Nice to have some aviation news. I was out a Republic yesterday and it was a ghost town.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Some exciting airshow news coming soon!
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

New performers listed:

USAF Heritage Flight

B-17

B-25

Mike Goulian

John Klatt

David Windmiller

106th ANG

I'll post more info as it comes!
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Speaking to someone today, it was mentioned "Fifi doesn't usually travel alone..." Could the CAF bring their B-24 along for the air show? They don't have a 2011 schedule for either aircraft posted yet on their web site. Stay tuned, this might get interesting.
    Phantom II - The World's Largest Distributor of MiG Parts!

Usually Fifi comes with the B-24. So yeah it's possible. It sure looks like I will have to come up for Sunday's show.

Oh if you guys haven't seen Michael Goulian fly, you will REALLY enjoy it! Here's a little preview...

rev 2.14.2011-7:25PMEST

Added:Perfomers: Military: ☀USAF Hertiage Flight

Added:Perfomers: Military: 106th ANG SAR DEMO HC-130/HH-60

Added:Perfomers: Civilian:✪B-17

Added:Perfomers: Civilian:✪B-25

Added:Perfomers: Civilian:Micheal Goulian - Asb.tv Extra 330

Added:Perfomers: Civilian: David Windmiller

Added:Perfomers: Civilian: John Klatt - ANG S330

Added:Media Information

Key:

* Aircraft/Performers may/will not launch out of FRG. Look below for details.

**More Information to come soon.

†Centennial Tier 1 Event Of Naval Aviation

☀ As of now there is no information on which aircraft will be performing in the USAF Hertiage Flight.

✪ As of now there is no information on which groups/organizations the B-17 or B-25 will come from.

More Information

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51 View Post
    As of now there is no information on which groups/organizations the B-17 or B-25 will come from.
    "Yankee Lady" has been here the past few years, I suspect she'll be back. Is the B-25 a second one, in addition to "Miss Hap"?