Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2011

BTW, if anyone got any good vapor shots of the P-51 Mustang with the Bombers on Sunday morning down at the beach, please post them because that was a VERY rare sight to see and Chris Baranaskas would love to see them also !!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Now AAM FB page saying the other Demo Hornet could be leaving between 920 and 10AM on Monday so heads up guys.
    Well they were on the money with that. Around 9:50AM as I was walking to see my towns Memorial Day Parade I caught the F-18 just before they disappeared into the clouds.
    Still pretty loud as they passed overhead.

Just one from me so far...could not go any farther without editing this one.

Wow! That is spectacular John.

Sweet post processing on that one John! Well done... Have not even gone through mine :-( been very busy evenings! And getting home past 10pm on Sat hurt me with the Wi-Fi LOL... so I am in the dog house!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post

WoW!

You should get Fred to Photoshop some lightning bolts in there for you.

Amazing work sir!

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Just checking in with a couple for now as I'm back to the grind of work and still recovering from the weekend.

More to follow very soon.

PS John, that shot is SICK!!!
    Last edited by wunaladreamin; 2011-05-30 at 11:40 PM.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Monday, I was able to tour the cockpit of Fifi before the crowds showed up.

The two pilot stations, with the bombardier's seat in front.

Flight engineer's panel

Navigator's station

Forward bomb bay

As some of you may know, the Airpower Museum also has a significant armored division, including a Sherman tank, M8 Greyhound and M20 armored scout cars, and a British Ferret scout car. On Monday, I rode along on the "Armor Adventure" program - several visitors were joined by a dozen Airborne re-enactors on the Ferret, M8 and M20, all in WWII period uniform. We headed to the wooded area in the southeast part of the airport, known as Breslau Gardens from the community that had been there. Once there, the troops dismounted from the vehicles, and moved down the roads through the woods, as a patrol would have during WWII. To complete the scene, the P-51 and Corsair were making trips around the pattern, so it sounded like 1944 Europe.

My family and I had a great time at the beach on Sunday. What a relaxing day indeed. We got to the booths on the WP at 0915 and there were only 4-5 cars in each lane, wow! I then headed right to field 3 and found it empty and closed off, so we parked in 4. I don't know what happened last year, but this year we made it through the tunnel and security in minutes. Security saw us as a family and just waved us through and didn't search any bags..."your good, come'on.." Last year it took ONE HOUR to get through the tunnel and security, as they searched every bag. I also didn't see any machine gun toting police on the roof like last year, so what was the difference this year?? Was it because no demo team? The fact we got Bin Laden?? We then proceeded to our usual spot west of center (enter the beach at the Oracle tent) for the show. A lot of people but not packed in. We left the beach at 330pm and headed to the lot. NO traffic leaving the lots at all! Just a brief slow down on the WP when the lanes merged.

The show was well executed, the weather cleared beautiful, light winds (no sand blasting of camera or faces) low humidity. I shot HD video and will put some together and post. I did catch the P-51 making vapor which I have never seen before.

Pete

No vapor but what the heck.

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Here are a few from Saturday at the beach. YES! The light was ugly and everything backlite as usual, but with some extreme post processing on the B-17 and B-29, I was able to get some okay results. The rest were unusable.

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Here are a few from Saturday at the beach. YES! The light was ugly and everything backlite as usual, but with some extreme post processing on the B-17 and B-29, I was able to get some okay results. The rest were unusable.

Great shots Mark.

I'm going through mine now & the lighting along with the fog/haze is brutal. I'm really kicking myself for shooting on Sat & not Sunday. I'll be processing mine until next years show...

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Great shots and coverage everyone!

Moose, love the background info on the Breslau shots! isn't Breslau the former name for Lindenhurst? Were those woods once a community?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

A few more...

Last edited by lijk604; 2011-06-09 at 06:31 PM.

Great shots everyone !!!!

John, ALL of your HDR shots are just AWESOME !!!!!
    My favorite is your AMAZING sunset shot with the Centennial Growler !!! WOW !!!!