Thread: INFO NEEDED: Fugitive Flight Inbound to NY from Bangkok

Exclamation INFO NEEDED: Fugitive Flight Inbound to NY from Bangkok

Alleged Soviet arms dealer Viktor Bout is reportedly to arrive in NY from Bangkok tonight via a US chartered jet. He is wanted in the US for selling weapons to bad guys around the world. He was arrested in Thailand but today was extradited to the US despite objections from Thai and Russian authorities.

It appears he boarded a white bizjet with red stripes in Bangkok in this photo: http://blogs.wsj.com/corruption-curr...radited-to-us/

Anyone know anything? Airport? Plane? Arrival time?

I saw an ETA of 9pm but its accuracy is questionable.

PM me if you have any info and/or you are available to take photos. Monetary compensation is possible for photos.
    Last edited by Matt Molnar; 2010-11-16 at 04:06 PM.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

9PM? Man, too bad :-( I am to be at a Shiva at that time... 30 miles away... darn. Otherwise you could count on me. I am always up for a challenge!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Looks like a Gulfstream if that helps.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    then again looks like this scheme:
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Wow, good find. Sure looks like it.

Never did find out where it went. Oh well.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

That is defineately the door assembly of a Global Express... Maybe the one Matt got was the right one. Hard to say but it was defineately a GLEX in any event.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Turns out they flew to Newburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    Turns out they flew to Newburgh.
    Motorcade or helo to NYC?

Whenever someone rather important flies into SWF with a private jet they usually helo to NYC, for example Prince Harry.

Was walking by a tv showing CNN and they had some footage of him in what looked like a hanger, I mustve just missed him getting off the plane and I was in a hurry.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Someone with a JD correct me, but when you're being extradited, the jurisdiction of the case becomes your first point of entry to the United States. Since he was being charged in the Southern District of New York, he had to enter in the Southern District, which is Bronx, Dutchess, New York, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, and Westchester Counties (notably not Queens County).

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600 View Post
    Whenever someone rather important flies into SWF with a private jet they usually helo to NYC, for example Prince Harry.
    Not sure how the weather was last night allowing a copter shuttle from SWF to NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Someone with a JD correct me, but when you're being extradited, the jurisdiction of the case becomes your first point of entry to the United States. Since he was being charged in the Southern District of New York, he had to enter in the Southern District, which is Bronx, Dutchess, New York, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, and Westchester Counties (notably not Queens County).
    Good call.