Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: National Opt Out Day We. 24Nov

Quote Originally Posted by coachrowsey View Post
    The lead story on NBC nightly news was the new gropes at the airports & how we are fed up with them. Pissy is running scared & said they might change. Can't remember exact wording, but he said things are evolving. Even Mrs Clinton said she wouldn't want to go through this. Again I also took away from it that he is very much worried about Nat. opt out day.
    I have met Mr. Pistole (please use his correct name, you are on NYCAviation not Flyertalk, OK Coachy ) and I don't see him as one to run scared. Would you want to have Mrs. Clinton go through it? The TSO at the monitor would probably scratch their eyes out .
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    I appreciate your badge of safely but I remain skeptical. Art brought up some valid points that I suspected as well.

I'm just glad that I got some great days experiences flying before 9-11. Even had some great ones after 9-11. But lately, it just gets worse and worse.
    Understandable. Here are the websites of the two companies making the Thermal Scanners:

http://www.isconimaging.com/
    http://www.thruvision.com/Our_Produc...s_Overview.htm
    Last edited by emshighway; 2010-11-22 at 07:42 PM.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    its the safety of the tech I question
    I doubt the people that designed these things would have signed off on them if they emitted dangerous levels of radiation. It's another propaganda statement designed to take our eye off the ball.

I think the Israeli methods should be deployed and some have but it won't go without even more backlash.
    EL AL's security is impossible at American airports. It would cost too much and take too much time. EL AL demands you get to airport much earlier than we have to now and you talk about liberty you realize they check your entire background? People are crying about someone seeing a x-ray image of their breasts but would allow someone knowing details of their whole life. Jeez.

I'm just glad that I got some great days experiences flying before 9-11. Even had some great ones after 9-11. But lately, it just gets worse and worse
    Worse than your flight exploding at 37,000 feet? I will take a scanner any day.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway View Post
    I have met Mr. Pistole (please use his correct name, you are on NYCAviation not Flyertalk, OK Coachy ) and I don't see him as one to run scared. Would you want to have Mrs. Clinton go through it? The TSO at the monitor would probably scratch their eyes out .
    EMS, I don't want to anyone to have to go through one of these unless there is some compelling reason. IMO the terrorist have already won here. If the terrorist get to the airports some one has already screwed up. The stupid stuff just needs to stop. These people are laughing their arses off at us.
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by coachrowsey View Post
    EMS, I don't want to anyone to have to go through one of these unless there is some compelling reason. IMO the terrorist have already won here. If the terrorist get to the airports some one has already screwed up. The stupid stuff just needs to stop. These people are laughing their arses off at us.
    Terrorist won a long time before 9/11. You are not going to eliminate every terrorist but you can try to prevent them from carrying out their acts. It is a multi-layered approach.
    Ronald Reagan

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    I doubt the people that designed these things would have signed off on them if they emitted dangerous levels of radiation.

Nick, its so basic....even for a dental x-ray that takes a second, you get a lead lined protective tarp to put on. Yet these new scans are safe. Always question tech.

I'll choose to remain skeptical rather than believe everything I see. Until then, Art's response is dead on.

It's another propaganda statement designed to take our eye off the ball.

By whom?

Worse than your flight exploding at 37,000 feet? I will take a scanner any day.

So now the scanners are going to stop all flights from exploding at 37K feet? Thats a leap...

Enjoy the rads. I'll opt out as I have zero problem with people wanting to feel me up. I can handle it, its no different than club hopping.

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway View Post
    Terrorist won a long time before 9/11. You are not going to eliminate every terrorist but you can try to prevent them from carrying out their acts. It is a multi-layered approach.
    It is indeed. BTW I appreciate the thermo link but they lead to tsa sign in sites.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

So now the scanners are going to stop all flights from exploding at 37K feet? Thats a leap...

Enjoy the rads. I'll opt out as I have zero problem with people wanting to feel me up. I can handle it, its no different than club hopping.
    Any sort of scanning or pat down gives you a better chance of catching a terrorist than not having it. I wouldn't mind the pat down either but unfortunately we are the minority and the 24 hour news cycle has run with it to the TSA is screwed and our safety will be compromised in the name of liberty.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Here is my solution to scanners and pat downs.........when traveling get a pair of slightly oversized pants, and dress comfortable. Underneath your oversized pants put on a bathing suit or for the hell of it speedos!!! When you get to the x-ray machine take everything off except the bathing suit and of course your ticket. Walk through when the TSA agent waves you on and smile..........let's see what TSA does about that!!!!!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

I love it mark, might do that late one night when there is no line lol.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post

It is indeed. BTW I appreciate the thermo link but they lead to tsa sign in sites.
    Now they don't.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Here is my solution to scanners and pat downs.........when traveling get a pair of slightly oversized pants, and dress comfortable. Underneath your oversized pants put on a bathing suit or for the hell of it speedos!!! When you get to the x-ray machine take everything off except the bathing suit and of course your ticket. Walk through when the TSA agent waves you on and smile..........let's see what TSA does about that!!!!!

There are a few videos on YouTube of that being done already.
    Ronald Reagan

Best quote I've see so far:

"Don't TSA Me Bro"
    Ronald Reagan

Opt out day a bust so far, can't say I am surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Opt out day a bust so far, can't say I am surprised.
    WRONG. I'm getting many reports that NOS lanes are closed at many airports & pat downs today are not invasive & clerks are actually being nice to people.(My phone is beeping off the wall with texts from those at the airports )
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

WRONG. I'm getting many reports that NOS lanes are closed at many airports & pat downs today are not invasive & clerks are actually being nice to people.(My phone is beeping off the wall with texts from those at the airports )
    They were being nice before, I can't see the pat downs being any different and the TSA announced they would cut down on the # of random pat downs. Still no gridlock since many are just going through the scanners like they should in the first place out of a need to get through as fast as possible while being screened as best we can.