Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: National Opt Out Day We. 24Nov

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Children are exempt? Is that then only a few day old policy? There was a youtube video of a 3 year old throwing a fit when being patted down so is this a very new change in policy?

Also, if I keep my kids out of a scanner and they are exempt from a patdown, doesnt that open up a security risk? It blows the entire concept of security out of the water. It simply does not seem logical.
    The video is about three years old, notice the white shirt on the TSO. The child alarmed the WTMD, that's why she needed to be screened. There have been more training for screening children.

Does anything seem logical? That's why we have so much uproar. Everyone wants security except when it comes to them.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Also, I meant to add the following. Now, I HATE this woman. But this is the FIRST time I have ever agreed with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w7sMjFiGp4
    God, I don't think I would ever agree with Bill O'Reilly. The ACLU jumped all over profiling after 9/11. It has been proven you can't look for the person that looks like a terrorist because there isn't a cookie cutter description.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Plus, isn't it less radiation than getting an x-ray from a doctor?

Highly suspect and debatable. I recall reading that a scan takes 20 seconds. I went to the dentist last week and it was a 1 second long scan per image.

Effects on the body are cumulative, just like smoking. One cigarette does not kill you, its the constant exposure to it that can have deliterious effects. 20 seconds per scan on each flight.....there is no math on that and I doubt EMSHighway could support data otherwise.

Nik Perriwen and others, for the record, I couldn't care les about TSA Joe seeing my junk. Heck, I'll whip it out and rest it on a table for everyone to have a look (enter magnifying glass jokes here).

The simple fact is that the technology may affect the body. And I dont feel comfortable knowing how the gov was wrong in Agent Orange, 9-11 dust and I am sure other examples could be cited.

Legistators can wax poetic about the safety but hte majority of these guys use private jets and never expose themselves to the nonsense.
    The scan doesn't take 20 seconds, the whole process of the scan and reading it does. One scan equates to 10 minutes at altitude. I have the data, I get the data, I read the data. If I didn't think it was safe I wouldn't be going through it myself.

I would rather see the Thermal scanners being used and hopefully down the line they will. It will get rid of the radiation and privacy problem. They are just not there yet.
    Ronald Reagan

OUr government told us Agent Orange was safe.....too old an example?

Our government told us ground zero was safe to work in...more updated example. Point?

How can I trust a government to be honest about these scan's safety when we've been led down the wrong path before? Just saying.
    Sorry, I meant to answer this earlier. I think this situation is different than the Agent Orange and Ground Zero in the fact that front line people have the information here. We get the radiation test results, we talk to the technicians working the machines. In the other incidents the military said the defoliant was fine and the EPA just lied.

We are able to see the figures first hand and trust me with the amount of people who have the info if there was a problem, there would be whistle blowing. We have independent agencies come in and do studies on the radiation from the baggage and checkpoint screening equipment and the technicians run radiation tests monthly.
    Ronald Reagan

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    God, I don't think I would ever agree with Bill O'Reilly. The ACLU jumped all over profiling after 9/11. It has been proven you can't look for the person that looks like a terrorist because there isn't a cookie cutter description.
    Not only that but it's not fail safe. The Times Square bomber is a perfect example of a terrorist that becomes one later in his life and on paper looks like a peaceful naturalized citizen. Yet when he began to become radical it was too late and would have never been on our radar. Profiling will find the obvious individuals but many can still avoid detection by a number of means which is why we need the last line of defense at the gate.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

So I tried the "If you touch my junk..." line on my girlfriend only I changed the ending to "I'll have you arrested for assault with a sexy weapon" and it worked very,very well. No video on what happened next though.

Sorry, I didn't want to start a whole new thread just for that. Seriously, though, this thing's still in the teething stages and I'm sure when the dust settles we may see some compromises- they already dropped the requirement for pilots so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Not only that but it's not fail safe. The Times Square bomber is a perfect example of a terrorist that becomes one later in his life and on paper looks like a peaceful naturalized citizen. Yet when he began to become radical it was too late and would have never been on our radar. Profiling will find the obvious individuals but many can still avoid detection by a number of means which is why we need the last line of defense at the gate.
    Yep, when I'm asked "do I look like a terrorist?" my answer is always "what does a terrorist look like?"
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Damn, I just posted that
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    they already dropped the requirement for pilots so who knows?
    No we didn't, Pilots are exempt from the AIT only, they have been all along. The pilot in Tennessee wasn't flying the plane, he was a passenger so subject to screening as every one else.

Before you post a link to a news article about pilots showing two forms of ID to get past screening it isn't true. It is something the unions put out.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    Damn, I just posted that
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway View Post
    LMFAO - those are awesome EMS!!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Ronald Reagan

Video has been taken down, however National Opt Out Day is one day closer & TSA here is worried about it. They've already had meetings over it.
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Why are they worried? They aren't the ones traveling. I would just sit there and watch all the travelers just sit in the airport all day and marvel at the grid lock. If they are going to do something stupid and bring the busiest travel day let em.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol