Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: National Opt Out Day We. 24Nov

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    They were being nice before, I can't see the pat downs being any different and the TSA announced they would cut down on the # of random pat downs. Still no gridlock since many are just going through the scanners like they should in the first place out of a need to get through as fast as possible while being screened as best we can.
    Wonder why they cutting the number of random pat downs
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Wonder why they cutting the number of random pat downs
    Giving into the fringe what else? The same fringe that will demand people's jobs when someone slips through due to preserving our "liberty" You have weakened us to prove a point. Shame. Not to mention opt out day was supposed to be people refusing to go through the scanners which clearly has not happened.
    Last edited by NIKV69; 2010-11-24 at 02:41 PM.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Not to mention opt out day was supposed to be people refusing to through the scanners which clearly has not happened.
    I think that some people realized they might miss their flights - and - heaven forbid - turkey! :) I agree that so far it's a bit of a bust - but - busiest time hasn't happened yet - wait until 4:30 or so onwards...then it would be interesting to see what happens.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

From various sources & reports from the airports, it looks like NOOD is becoming a National no fly day. I'm getting reports of lots of empty seats on what should be full flights. Maybe the airlines will take notice.

On a side note last night Tues according to our computer the US system load factor 80% Monday night 83% & I recall many days much higher loads.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Maybe the airlines will take notice.
    Of what? That thanks to this foolish propaganda people are driving and not flying? Great job. When the bag fees and surcharges go up we can all rejoice.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I was at the checkpoints all day yesterday and today. Spending most of my time at the American Checkpoint where the AIT is at LGA. Based on the direct numbers taken for the WTMD and AIT the number of Opt Out was only 1% which is the normal. While there were some lines at AirTran and Delta, wait times never exceeded 20 minutes. People were very complimentary and there were a few who went through other lanes and came behind to watch the AIT in action and pat downs who commented they didn't see what the big concern was.

We did have one person who came through American in a T-Shirt and shorts but he didn't go the AIT and didn't alarm the WTMD so he didn't need to be patted down so the most he did was get himself on TV.

AITs were not closed unless during a tour change. Air Travel is said to be in a 3% increase. All planes were full out of LGA.

There is no reduction of random pat downs.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Deleted by me.

Regardless of thoughts & differences on the day & topic, I wish all of you & your families a happy & safe Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by coachrowsey; 2010-11-25 at 05:02 AM. Reason: couldn't get link to work....

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Rockwood was weak. shoul d have come in sppedo and shirtless.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Rockwood was weak. shoul d have come in sppedo and shirtless.
    Wouldn't have made a difference.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan