Thread: CONFIRMED: F-117A still alive and well!

CONFIRMED: F-117A still alive and well!

http://defensetech.org/2010/11/09/f-...ck-in-the-air/

Pretty amazing, if you ask me. I knew it wasn't gone for good! Wait until the end and listen to the spotter's talking for the date.
    Last edited by Matt Molnar; 2010-11-12 at 11:57 PM.

not sure if this is legit, but that would be awesome! Why would they "pretend" it went away, if they still needed it?

not 100% sure its an F117 the wing sweep doesn't seem sharp enough????
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

I thought that too, but I figured it was just a bad angle or something. The tail really sold it to me though

Looks like a match to me!

It's a 117. I have watched this discussion on several boards the past week. While very cool and exciting to see, I don't think it is anything shocking. It's retirement from active duty doesn't preclude it from flying. I am sure this is not the only military aircraft that flew after it's retirement. Cool nonetheless.
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

Maybe a new member for heritage flights and airshows next year?
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

NLovis
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks7757 View Post
    Ohhhh that would so KICK ASS

Quote Originally Posted by seahawks7757 View Post
    Keep Dreaming....That aircraft is still so secret and now much more expensive to operate. It would probably cost more than the entire Blue Angels team...with Fat Albert! The proper use for such a small team of aircraft would be new technology testing for all different types of stealth detection.... after all, the Ruskies now have a stealth aircraft...so they claim! You probably have a better chance of seeing a F-14 fly in one, and the only way that will happen is if we get one from Iran.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Keep Dreaming....That aircraft is still so secret and now much more expensive to operate. It would probably cost more than the entire Blue Angels team...with Fat Albert! The proper use for such a small team of aircraft would be new technology testing for all different types of stealth detection.... after all, the Ruskies now have a stealth aircraft...so they claim! You probably have a better chance of seeing a F-14 fly in one, and the only way that will happen is if we get one from Iran.
    I wish!!! That would kick ass ... Anyway, I dont think its such a surprise about the F-117, but I think the big deal is because they had said all airframes were stored with their wings removed, which lead us to believe that none were in flyable condition. I guess its like going out and seeing an SR-71 fly by. We know they are retired, and stored, but are told they are not in the air .. then boom, you see one flying!

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    I wish!!! That would kick ass ... Anyway, I dont think its such a surprise about the F-117, but I think the big deal is because they had said all airframes were stored with their wings removed, which lead us to believe that none were in flyable condition. I guess its like going out and seeing an SR-71 fly by. We know they are retired, and stored, but are told they are not in the air .. then boom, you see one flying!
    Holy crap, that is NOTHING LIKE seeing an SR Fly by! I would not go a state away to see an F-117 but I would get a passport to see an SR! YOU GO WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT SIR! Don't Tease us like that!

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Holy crap, that is NOTHING LIKE seeing an SR Fly by! I would not go a state away to see an F-117 but I would get a passport to see an SR! YOU GO WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT SIR! Don't Tease us like that!

OK, maybe I exaggerated a tiny bit, lol ... I too would take out my passport and dig into the savings account to see an SR fly.