Thread: Printer Toner Cartridge Restrictions

Printer Toner Cartridge Restrictions

I didn't see anything on here, but I thought I would pass along the immediate ban of printer toner cartridges in carry-on and checked baggage. Too bad, I was going to bring 20 of them to Florida with me in January so I could sell them
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Terrorist!

Oh man, you caught me!
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Extremely dumb. I thought TSA X-rays were able to detect explosives hidden in anything? The bad guys will simply find one of a billion other things to conceal explosives in.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    Extremely dumb. I thought TSA X-rays were able to detect explosives hidden in anything? The bad guys will simply find one of a billion other things to conceal explosives in.

basically... pretty soon they'll ban pax as well since explosives can even be hidden inside the human body. [/sarcasm]
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Who says the scan all cargo on cargo planes? Isn;t the problem similar to shipping containers? And BTW, maybe Nick L can tell us... is that tent / hangar on the end of 31L beginning of 13R some sort of X-Ray / Scanner for planes? looks very interesting. I see it has some sort of equipment in the ceiling.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

"If it weren't for the passengers this would be a great job"
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    is that tent / hangar on the end of 31L beginning of 13R some sort of X-Ray / Scanner for planes? looks very interesting. I see it has some sort of equipment in the ceiling.
    It's for de-icing.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Ahh! "Never Mind"
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post

X-Rays just show what is there. It is the operator that detects explosives. The CTX Baggage screeners have computer analytics for assisting in detection and newer X-Rays have the analytics also.

There were chuckles when this Security Directive came out as we imagined someone dragging a copy machine through the queue into the checkpoint. The amount of toner cartridges people are going to travel with is minuscule but there have been some.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway View Post
    The amount of toner cartridges people are going to travel with is minuscule but there have been some.
    I would think a lot of folks heading to/from trade shows would bring printers and cartridges, but many probably ship them separately.

I said "I feel bad for the HP Sales Rep."
    Ronald Reagan

Love how the ads generator on this page picked up the printer cartridge reference and is posting ads for cartridges.
    Ronald Reagan