Thread: Weddings

Weddings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weq9--5jAMk

I do not know why I said yes again!!!! UGH.... This is always what it feels like. -Fred
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Shot one today. Very unappreciative groom. Thinks paying for pictures is stupid since everyone has cameras. He wasn't friendly, told us we were in the way, and just glared at us a lot. The bride, thankfully, was all for it, and said she'll send us a nice bonus when she's back from her honeymoon.

The most frustrating thing, though, were the DJs. They had SLRs with them, and were constantly in our way, taking picture after picture. They would immediately upload them and display a slideshow on a big TV they had brought. Then they would advertise under the image that all their photos could be downloaded for free off their website later that day. It's people like that who undermine the work we do and how much we charge. We were furious with them, and they were very, very angry after we said our two cents. They just didn't get it.

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Fred, that is amazing (and thank you for posting the G-rated video!). I've witnessed that stuff first-hand with my ex and it was frustrating even for me. God bless all wedding vendors for what they have to put up with.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    The most frustrating thing, though, were the DJs. They had SLRs with them, and were constantly in our way, taking picture after picture. They would immediately upload them and display a slideshow on a big TV they had brought. Then they would advertise under the image that all their photos could be downloaded for free off their website later that day. It's people like that who undermine the work we do and how much we charge. We were furious with them, and they were very, very angry after we said our two cents. They just didn't get it.
    In your contract (you DID have a contract, didn't you?) you should have specified that such behavior was not permitted, and had someone from the family (obviously not the bride or groom) enforce it. If they want to take photos for themselves, fine, and if they want to give them away, you can't stop that, but there is no way they should have been allowed to advertise the giveaway during the reception. And if I was the paid wedding photographer, I would have told the DJ in no uncertain terms to stay the %^% out of the way while I am working.