Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JFK 11/6

hey... that evergreen seems familiar... I think I got it on the departure side though.

The one he posted was the 742, you posted the 744 ;)
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

Mark nice to meet you finally and Jose (if he ever makes it back on here ;-) and I am just horrible with names, the other gentleman that joined us later.

Light? What Light? Who needs light? Well, to get good pictures, you must have good light, and we had little to none of it, especially in the afternoon. Oh well.

Another early sunrise attempt, another cloudy morning. I am beginning to think this is a conspiracy

I thought this accidental capture was funny... never even noticed the sign until I got home.

We did manage to get SOME sun at times

lots of BAW 747s

I really like this livery...

And of course Egypt Air was being sought by some in the new livery and it lands on 31L :-(

Love the fade to purple on the tail of this Virgin

This color scheme really makes my White Balance skills suffer LOL I can;t seem to get it just right

as always, once you catch one you keep missing, it flies in daily and during good light. Thanks AeroMexico. To me it is the most elegant of Tail Logos.

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Many great shots in there Manny
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

Thanks Brandon... light was terrible really... my D2Xs was put to service since my D3 is giving me problems with the 200-400mm f/4 (right side edge is always blurry/OOF and I forgot to overexpose a bit since the meter on the older Nikons severily underexposes on Matrix/Dull light. So I had to compensate in post which always sucks.
    Manny Gonzalez

Manny I'll blame the cold and bad lighting affecting your memory, LOL! I was the other guy there. It was nice to meet you, and good to see Mark & Jose again. I spent the first part of my day over at HoBe when the light was decent, and I was waiting for the Asiana departure before I was going to leave. However, when I saw the lineup coming in for the 2pm bank I cut and ran over to Panera. Glad to see when I got there that Asiana took off on 4R and that I didn't miss any arrivals waiting for her to go. I have plenty of shots to still go through, here is just one from "the beach" for now.

Now if someone would just post their video of the girl who was jumping rope in the middle of that crazy parking lot....I still cant believe what I saw.

John, sorry man :-0 Thanks for refreshing my memory LOL. The jump rope I know Mark got a video of her... he should post it. BTW, nice image of the ANA 777. Is that from the railroad tracks area? Good position!
    Manny Gonzalez

Thanks Manny, that ANA was from the HoBe parking lot, just heavily cropped.

Fantastic shots Manny and John! What lens are you shooting with guys?
    Adam Sheinhaus

KLM asia- isn't that the KLM subsidiary that was created just to fly to Taiwan? Like Air France Asie? I wonder what brought that to JFK

Thank you Adam... I shoot either a Nikon D3 or a D2Xs depending ... with a 70-200mm f/2.8 or a 200-400mm f/4 . I will usually use the D2Xs + 200-400mm when I need sharpest reach possible. Otherwise I will stick to the D3 for quality pixels. However I have been having issues with the D3 + 200-400mm f/4 where it regularly blurs the right hand edge 90% of the shots. It is most likely that the lens was designed for a crop sensor / film camera since it is an old lens design and perhaps this is why it lacks quality in this are. If I zoom back to say 380or less, it minimizes it. The D2Xs does not exhibit this behavior

Cheers!
    Manny Gonzalez

Thanks Adam, Canon 40D, with the 100-400mm L IS lens on my setup.