Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emirates Resumes Airbus A380 Flights to JFK This Sunday?

Emirates Resumes Airbus A380 Flights to JFK This Sunday?

As per the calendar, is there any certainty at this time about an Emirates A380 this Sunday? Flightaware only goes as far as Friday, and all are still 777

Would love to catch this pup as my second A380 in my collection :-) Too bad it leaves in the dark. I have no shots of an A380 taking off... just AFR landing!

thanks
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Good question...did some research, and apparently they've delayed it to Monday November 8th.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Ah! thanks Gotham ... I didn't want to make plans on Sunday if it did seem to be returning. But don;t they realize most spotters have regular 9-5, Mon-Fri jobs? What are they thinking? geesh :-)
    Manny Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    But don;t they realize most spotters have regular 9-5, Mon-Fri jobs? What are they thinking? geesh :-)
    Cough, cough, cough...sick days - vacation days with sound effects.

Where I work, they got wise to that and changed it so that sick calls come out of your Paid Time Off. Once you run out of days off, you can start to use actual sick leave but then it has to be documented and you have to really be sick. It kind of sucks for those like me who don't take off sick since I would just take a day off from my bank, but when I am really sick, it should not come off my PTO bank...
    Manny Gonzalez

According to my CRS system at work EK 201/202 show A-380 equipment starting Sunday 10-31.

The lady in Yemen was arrested for sending those packages aboard the cargo flights. Now, who knows if the A388 from Emirates will even come here to JFK. Just when things were calming down, this sicko had to send these packages. Evidently, cargo flights in the Middle East, are not scrutinized as they should be. This is not good news for us plane spotters,for airline passengers or for security in general. Fortunately, authorities in Saudia Arabia knew about these packages. Wonder how they knew? The USA is the first country to help poor countries when there is flooding, starvation and other disasters, yet they still want to attack us. When will the world learn to live in peace like the aircraft on the tarmac standing side-by-side?

Looks like UAE 201 is A380 equipment on November 2nd.
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/U...430Z/OMDB/KJFK

Emirates website shows returning flights from NYC to Dubai on Wednesday on both 777 [and] A380 ;-) Tuesday is not even available for $25,000 first class! must be totally booked? Not even 777 available.

She departs at 23:00 which sucks but scheduled to come in around the same time as the AFR (2:30pm) I am really going to try and meet up with it on Tuesday. Hopefully I can take off from work.
    Manny Gonzalez

Emirates.com is showing 773s for this week, and I'm pretty certain the report on service starting Nov 8th is accurate. FlightAware's data for future flights is not very reliable.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Lrusso View Post
    Looks like UAE 201 is A380 equipment on November 2nd.
    showing 777 again

Manny Gonzalez

Flightaware has the Emirates Flight 201 again using an A380 for this Wednesday

I know it may or may not stick but, you never know.
    Manny Gonzalez

NLovis
    I did not see a 380 at all today as AF oped with a 773 for the flight today. Its comming, while listening to the radio in the van emirates had an ad out for the 380. Its comming. Soon.

I know, I should be patient and just trust Matt :-) I took off on the 8th already,.
    Manny Gonzalez

NLovis
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    I know, I should be patient and just trust Matt :-) I took off on the 8th already,.
    Let me put it this way. Once you here an ad about it its confirmed and happening very soon. Id say anytime within the next 24 - 98 hrs