Thread: Helicopter Only FBO To Open In NYC/Metro Area

Helicopter Only FBO To Open In NYC/Metro Area

Its located about 2 miles northeast of EWR, just to the east of the 22L final. Great spot to build this, they won't be going anywhere close to it during IMC weather

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    I guess they're trying to make this the new West Side heliport after it closes next year. Sad this means Analar is moving their base out of 39N - I wonder who will take over the big hangar.

Bill, funny you mention that... I had been wondering how that is going to work... I've been hearing grumbles but nothing confirmed about this for a few weeks from a couple of people in my dealings. Honestly, considering the tremendous amount of helicopter traffic to the ports from Sikorsky up in Conn. and Boeing in Phlili we need an official pad in Port Elizabeth. Exporting helicopters on boats overseas from Port Elizabeth and Baltimore as of recently is BUSY BUSY BUSY. It's a pain in the ass to go to a pad, or to EWR, break it down, truck it to the port etc or get the police to come out and create a landing perimiter in the port. About 2 years ago we had an R44 crash in the port in Baltimore and it damaged containers....
    Last edited by hiss srq; 2010-10-21 at 12:55 AM.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"