Just to give some background for those of you that aren't familiar with FlyerTalk, it is a website/forum designed for frequent flyers and business travelers to be able to discuss frequent flyer programs, elite status, issues with flights, customer service, etc. It is a website that I have frequented ever since I made Silver Medallion status with Delta in 2007 and has been immensely helpful in developing my strategy for flying, maintaining elite status, and know what perks are available for elites.

Well the moderators of the Delta Skymiles forum on FlyerTalk have gathered to organize the second annual ATL DO, where many of Delta's elite frequent flyer population can come out and participate in a series of events at the airline's headquarters. These events include a Road Warrior Training (in-person, hands on training for frequent flyer strategy, issues, safety, etc.), a Delta Executive Q&A Session, tours of the Atlanta Technical Operations Center (TOC), DL Operations Control Center, ATL Fire Department Headquarters, and Delta Heritage Museum. There is also a great event planned on Saturday and Sunday mornings called "Delta ACS Walk a mile with a gate agent" where you work a 6 hour shift shadowing an ATL gate agent, assisting them with working their various gates and flights for a morning.

All in all, this is really a fantastic event for those of us who are frequent flyers with Delta and I anticipate that it will give me some great insight both into the operations of DL in Atlanta as well as the ability to meet many other seasoned FFs and to understand some of their issues as well.

I will be participating in the ATL TOC and Operations Control center tours this Friday and will also be working a "gate agent" shift on Sunday morning. I have inquired and have been told that I will be able to bring my DSLR with me, and we will be told what we can and can not take pictures of once we get on the various tours. I figured I would share this with you and will report back some of the insights I have gleaned from this event.

FYI this event cost around $120 to participate and would cost an additional $150 if I was taking part in the Road Warrior training.

Cheers!