Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cablevision Does It Again!

[QUOTE=puckstopper55;431241As far as I dont know what to say other then maybe you didnt notice it, werent looking for it, or happen to be one of the few people who are unaffected by cablevisions old copper lines.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm one of those "few" unaffected people also. I have the whole Optimum iO package and am quite satisfied. I've been a Cablevision customer for the whole 12 years I've been on LI and any issues I've had, which have been few, were resolved quickly. My only problem with CV is their owner and his meddling with two of my favorite sports teams.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    You guys blacked out today?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    Mario there is no option currently that will allow you to do what you want. The over the air channels will only give you ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, and FOX...and two others that I've never heard of. You should look into Dish Network, they have HD only packages that IMO are a decent value. I might look into them...I'll let you know what I find. Also again, check out Google TV, for my needs Sony just came out with a great solution, a combined Blueray player and Google TV in one for $399.
    Tom, You confused me. The over the Air channels will only give me abc, cbs, nbc pbs and fox. If that's the case and that is all I want, what am I missing? Let me know what you come up with. But to be honest, I feel that any provider (time warner, cablevision, dish, etc) all have the potential to do the same, so why fuss with them at all, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I left Cablevision for Fios, and returned, Fios wasn't anything special. And given the way Fox has been operating of late, how long until they do the same with Fios?
    But why did you return? What drove you to return?

Tom, looking forward to your research.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    But why did you return? What drove you to return?
    Seemed like we were forever having problems with one Fios box or another, and after the latest hassle, Cablevision gave us a reasonable deal on their Triple Play service, so we switched back. Not that they are perfect by any means, but so far we have had fewer problems than with Fios.