Thread: Way to Go US Airways

Way to Go US Airways

I've used many words for US Airways OCC in PIT but innovative was never traditionally one of those words.... In this case I have to give the folks in PIT a round of applause... A enroute flight staging the PANC-KPHX segment lost an engine enroute near SEA and diverted... In under an hour and a half they were able to divert, deplane, create a new segment, source an A320 on the ground at SEA from another flight, build the release and get it back on it's way.... The fact that it is at a outstation that has relatively limited service for US makes it all the more impressive.... Way to go to the folks at US Airways on this one... Story and report below....
    http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4323bb26&opt=0
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Wow, that's really fantastic. That really shows a great commitment to customer service.
    Adam Sheinhaus

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Isn't this what airlines are supposed to do?

You don't fly US too often Mateo do you?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    5 segments in the last 4 years, so, no, not really, although each one of those flights has been perfectly fine. My point was more that recovering from an irregular situation is a core function of any business, so I don't know why we're praising US for doing something that they should be doing anyway. Did they go especially above and beyond in this instance, or is this SOP for a diversion recovery?

LOL.... I was more poking at US than anything... I agree, that is the standard or at least should be with alot of airlines but doesnt usually happen.... Particularly from my experince of US... Because US runs a very tight ship in terms of available airplanes it's very seldom that they will source another airplane out from my experince with them.... Cities like LGA DCA and BOS being the exception because when I worked there we could always snag a shuttle 319 if we needed to for something like a CLT or PIT.... I found it extremely impressive that they were able to do this in a city like SEA though because SEA is not a well served city by US.... The fact that they were able to save the segment soo fast impresses me. So, in this case I feel like everyone at US did go above and beyond and it was worth noteing and celebrating with a thread....

What happened to the flight that the A320 was supposed to operate, how many passengers were stranded from that one?

I am not sure.... I would imagine that they might have combined segments if the loads were light enough.

Just to show the type of reputation that US has on here, I opened this thread thinking the title was sarcastic.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012