Interesting report... On a 6,000 foot runway, runway remaining is at a premium.. Landing more than 1/2 down the runway, in a jet aircraft at 120+ knots with only approximately 2,000 feet remaining isn't a good decision, as demonstrated here. I'm not sure what the minimum runway requirement is of a G-IV, or what the calculated landing distance was in this case, but when dealing with a shorter runway, (no matter how experienced the crew was) and especially with a final approach speed additive for gusty winds, I'm surprised the crew wasn't more "go-around" oriented, especially after a float down the runway.

It's easy to get wrapped up on the landing as the pilot flying and let distance remaining or certain other things fall out of your crosscheck, but that's where the pilot not flying should come in and call a go-around.. It's something I always brief, especially on shorter runways - like "Hey we have 7,000 feet of runway to work with here, if we're not wheels on the ground by X,XXX feet (depending on what our calculated landing distance is), call a go-around and we'll go around and try it again"..

Good to see the EMAS worked as advertised though and no one was hurt!