Thread: Trump's Opulent B-727 at Kid's Day

Trump's Opulent B-727 at Kid's Day

+ Some of us visiting LGA on Kid's Day, spotted Trump's B727 parked where we were not allowed. In fact, a guard is usually stationed 24/7 around it. I did some research out of curiosity. The reason the registration is VP-BDJ is because he registered it in Bermuda. Photos of the opulence inside is hard to find but it was shown on his series, "The Apprentice". The restroom includes gold-plated sinks, leather and fur-lined seating, wood paneling and is a souped-up former AAL aircraft. He chose a B727 because of the rear staircase so he wouldn't have to wait for a stair-truck to arrive. When not parked at LGA, it is usually found at HPN. Any further info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Speedbird1; 2010-09-28 at 07:54 AM.

Trump has been a fan favorite, to me especially, for a long time. Very unique aircraft, as you don't see many 727s out there, much less a black one. He is apparently selling it, and I hear he might be about to replace it anytime now after possibly purchasing a new plane.

I've even heard that the name "TRUMP" on the outside is paint that actually has gold in it, but that just might be hype.

Will be a shame when it's gone.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    i just hope he keeps the same scheme when he replaces it. hoping it's a BBJ personally, but nothing will looks nearly as sexy as the black 727 smoking in it's low climb off rwy 13....
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

He should donate it to the Intrepid or some other museum...no one is going to buy it.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

There is at least one (and I believe there are two) 707s - a 100 series and a 300 series - rumored to be undergoing preparation for a private owner(s) in the USA. (and no, the 300 is not N88ZL). I wonder if Trump is going to be the recipient of one of these? If so, I wonder if he could get an exception to operate it at LGA. I don't think he is going to buy a "new" plane, but rather a used model. If not, I would guess a 767-200.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas View Post
    i just hope he keeps the same scheme when he replaces it. hoping it's a BBJ personally, but nothing will looks nearly as sexy as the black 727 smoking in it's low climb off rwy 13....
    That same scheme on his S-76 looks quite cool also. I remember when he had a Super Puma for private use and the S-61 for the A/C shuttle in those same colors!!!

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Just saw the S-76 (76TE) lifting off TEB this past Saturday.

I've got a cell phone pic from 6 or so years ago, wasn't covered in gold like i thought it would be haha.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    That same scheme on his S-76 looks quite cool also. I remember when he had a Super Puma for private use and the S-61 for the A/C shuttle in those same colors!!!
    he had more than just a puma and S-61...

not my pic:
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas View Post
    he had more than just a puma and S-61...
    Just curious were they ever used for the A/C shuttle and what year? Its amazing I never saw them and I was heavily into spotting copters back in the 80s and 90s.
    Remember seeing the Resorts 61 later the Trump 61 numerous times at West 30 Street
    http://www.helispot.com/photo/0003325

And Golden Nugget had a Puma also
    http://www.helispot.com/photo/0003297

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Just saw the S-76 (76TE) lifting off TEB this past Saturday.
    They fly into FRG on the weekends constantly.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Not to be the guy who brings up stuff like this, but which was the type that crashed in the median of the NJ Turnpike (the GSP?) back in the late 80s?

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Not to be the guy who brings up stuff like this, but which was the type that crashed in the median of the NJ Turnpike (the GSP?) back in the late 80s?
    Looks like it was an A109
    http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...13X29709&key=1
    http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/11/ny...-of-trump.html

Looking at those old S61's made me remember the New York Airways S-61L's