Thread: In-cockpit video of a full F-14 demo; includes all the radio calls!

In-cockpit video of a full F-14 demo; includes all the radio calls!

I for one never realized how much the F-14's wings flexed..

Thats an awesome video with the trunk monkey making the calls.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Love seeing the "behind the scenes" stuff. That, and it's hard to find good F-14 footage on YouTube that I haven't seen a thousand times already. Nice find.

Trunk monkey? Explain.

Also, from hearing this guy's voice, one would have the stereotype that fighter pilots are cocky completely confirmed. "Three-fifty ... three-fifty FIIIVEEE...". He especially sounds like a total blowhard during the conversation with the loudmouth announcer.
    Last edited by darlyn; 2010-10-01 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darlyn View Post
    Trunk monkey? Explain.

Also, from hearing this guy's voice, one would have the stereotype that fighter pilots are cocky completely confirmed. "Three-fifty ... three-fifty FIIIVEEE...". He especially sounds like a total blowhard during the conversation with the loudmouth announcer.
    Lol, hey. It helps get the crowd pumped to hear an energetic pilot and announcer over the PA.

Ah, I only just realized that the F-14 is a two-seater and the phrase trunk monkey refers to the co-pilot/back-seater. The internet has failed me this time.

Quote Originally Posted by darlyn View Post
    Ah, I only just realized that the F-14 is a two-seater and the phrase trunk monkey refers to the co-pilot/back-seater. The internet has failed me this time.
    He's actually no a co-pilot, but RIO, or Radar Intercept Officer. He basically handles the aircraft's complex radar and serves as an extra set of eyes so the pilot can focus on flying.