Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackberry or iPhone?

edit, I will leave this airbus/boeing debate. As in Global Thermal Nuclear War, the best move is not to play.
    Last edited by Derf; 2010-09-15 at 11:54 PM.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    On a side note... if you are thinking about a droid...do not listen to anyone. Use a droid for 1/2 hour and try things like changing a single ringtone or turning on or off wifi or anything you would normally do with a phone and then do the same thing with an iPhone.

everyone try's to use the word Open Source around me yet my phone does 10X as much as any droid that is "superior" to my iPhone and it is smoother and has a better display. The only thing that is not as good with my iPhone is I only have a 5mp camera up against their 8mp....but my pictures are better for some reason? Kind of like how that 15mp point and shoot is not as good as my lower Megapixel Dslr...

You need you use it and make up your mind. when you do this there is no question....PERIOD Make up your own mind by trying, and please let us know which phone you like best and why
    Fred drop the Droid is hard to use bit...its getting old and purely based off your opinion. Droid now has the largest market share of mobile operating systems on the planet....so either you iPhone users are really stupid or the Droid is pretty easy to use given the numbers using it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    Fred drop the Droid is hard to use bit...its getting old and purely based off your opinion. Droid now has the largest market share of mobile operating systems on the planet....so either you iPhone users are really stupid or the Droid is pretty easy to use given the numbers using it.
    I agree with you that Android is not hard to use, but I also agree with Fred that iPhone is better. :-)

Android is beating iPhone in market share simply because it is used by many manufacturers and found in more affordable devices compared to iPhone...you can now get an Android phone for $100. Also Android (17%) is actually #3 worldwide after Nokia's Symbian OS (41%) and Blackberry (18%). Apple is #4 with 14% market share. (Blackberry is sinking quickly, will probably swap places with Android next quarter).
    Last edited by Matt Molnar; 2010-09-16 at 03:40 PM.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

iPhone can STILL not keep up with demand and it is scary that iPhone is neck and neck with the droid being that it is only on AT&T.....that will change soon and when that does I will be looking at seeing those numbers. Also, the droid only beat the iPhone if you consider free phone a sale with the buy one get one free. That is the biggest reason Droid has the numbers, if you do not count the free phones, iPhone still sold more phones than MANY manufactures. Blackberry is one company, iPhone is one company, droid is many company and no one phone has killed the iPhone as they have said would happen more than 10 times every time they come out with a new phone. When the iPhone comes out on all the other carriers this will all seem very funny. Anyone have an egg timer?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    With the Droid you can turn off/on Wifi,GPS,Bluetooth, Airplane mode with a tap of the finger. To change a ring tone you just have to go into settings.

I like both iOS (iPhone) and Android (Droid) OS' and I give them credit where credit is due.

What I would do (and I do this) is go to the Apple store and Verizon store and check out the Blackberry, iPhone, and Droid and see how you like it.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)