Thread: 2010 Bimmerstock (Glen Cove, NY Car Show)

2010 Bimmerstock (Glen Cove, NY Car Show)

Hi, all!

Had the chance to head out to Glen Cove for the annual Bimmerstock car show. Predominantly BMWs, this show has grown to enormous status, and commanded the closure of the entire downtown area of Glen Cove earlier today. I was able to put my new lens through its paces, and am thrilled with the results. Criticism is ALWAYS welcome, as I'm developing as a photographer and always willing to learn!

Enjoy, and please do give me your feedback!

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    nice! looks like the gloomy weather helped. i love the shot of the 'vette logo with drops of water all around.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    Hi, all!

Had the chance to head out to Glen Cove for the annual Bimmerstock car show. Predominantly BMWs, this show has grown to enormous status, and commanded the closure of the entire downtown area of Glen Cove earlier today. I was able to put my new lens through its paces, and am thrilled with the results. Criticism is ALWAYS welcome, as I'm developing as a photographer and always willing to learn!

Enjoy, and please do give me your feedback!

TIS
    Great photos! Looks like an awesome car show, I definitely must attend next year.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas View Post
    nice! looks like the gloomy weather helped. i love the shot of the 'vette logo with drops of water all around.
    Thanks, that's one of my favorites, too!

The gloomy weather was actually a bit better because there wasn't harsh light on the tops of the cars, and the raindrops add to the close-in shots. But I missed a couple of ideal photos thanks to the rain. I don't dare use my 50D when it's actually raining, and I missed (for example) a Corvette Z06 doing a massive burnout.

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM