Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fighters abound at EWR 9/10

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Fighters abound at EWR 9/10

At EWR/Signature this afternoon were 4 F-15Es from Seymour Johnson, 87-0205, 88-1679, 88-1703, and 88-1698. There were also 5 F-16s with a white flash at the top of the fin, but they were too far away to read the serial or base. Maybe SAs from Lackland? They've been known to pull fly-by duty from time to time.

[EDIT: Found an article; they're from the 62FS at Luke]
    Last edited by Mateo; 2010-09-11 at 01:20 AM.

May be in town for some fly overs related to 9/11 ceremonies. Also, Sunday is the first regular season game at the new Giants (oops, Meadowlands...) stadium, they may do a flyover there.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    May be in town for some fly overs related to 9/11 ceremonies. Also, Sunday is the first regular season game at the new Giants (oops, Meadowlands...) stadium, they may do a flyover there.
    Not sure about 9/11 but I do believe they are having flyovers at for Giants AND Jets (Monday night at 7).

The strike Eagle is my favorite USAF combat aircraft. Looks like the SJ F-15E's are scheduled to do a flyover it says at Pittsburgh the 11th and 12th
    http://www.acc.af.mil/aerialevents/s...agle/index.asp

The ACC website is where you'll find info on all the demo teams and where they will be ..
    http://www.acc.af.mil/aerialevents/index.asp

Quote Originally Posted by DHG750R View Post
    The strike Eagle is my favorite USAF combat aircraft. Looks like the SJ F-15E's are scheduled to do a flyover it says at Pittsburgh the 11th and 12th
    http://www.acc.af.mil/aerialevents/s...agle/index.asp

The ACC website is where you'll find info on all the demo teams and where they will be ..
    http://www.acc.af.mil/aerialevents/index.asp
    Actually, if you look at the ACC schedule that is an open house/air show - Wings Over Pittsburgh. They will have a 4-ship F-15E flyover of the US Open on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    They will have a 4-ship F-15E flyover of the US Open on Sunday.
    Weather might put a damper on that.

My son had a baseball game today in Fair Lawn, NJ. He said the ump had to stop the game while at least 10 fighters flew over the field because they were so loud. On their way to the Meadowlands for the flyover I assume. Is there a flyover scheduled for the Jets game on Monday night?
    Woz

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    My son had a baseball game today in Fair Lawn, NJ. He said the ump had to stop the game while at least 10 fighters flew over the field because they were so loud. On their way to the Meadowlands for the flyover I assume. Is there a flyover scheduled for the Jets game on Monday night?
    What no pictures? I think there might be. And didnt see anything on the Giant game. And wonder if the US Open Fly-Over has been rescheduled?

Anyone know if the 15's are still at EWR? Wondering if a flyover at 4 today is still a possibility for the US Open. I need a reason to leave my office ..
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

They will be doing the US Open flyover today, around 4pm.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

North Bergen, New Jersey, United States, 111685032180118, North Bergen, New Jersey
    they're still there. the F16s took off this morning, didn't see them come back.

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    They just did the flyover. I wish I had my camera ready as they flew right over my house
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

So those were US Open F-15's I saw banking from south ro north over Prospect Heights, Brooklyn to the Hudson, respectively? I'd sure love to see more of these over my fair city. No room at LGA or JFK for an NY Air National Guard Base, huh?
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by AirtrafficController View Post
    They just did the flyover. I wish I had my camera ready as they flew right over my house
    Good timing there are some NASTY storms moving through NJ/NYC area. US Open just suspended play.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewild View Post
    No room at LGA or JFK for an NY Air National Guard Base, huh?
    NY Air National Guard no longer has any fighter jets anyway...just transports and UAVs.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9