Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hurricane Earl

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Emergency Management Bulletin for Suffolk County, NY

Issued by The Weather Channel

3:29 pm EDT, Fri., Sep. 3, 2010

From Suffolk County Emergency Management, East Hampton Town has opened a shelter at the Montauk Playhouse in the event that any residents feel the need to evacuate. The address is 12 Flamingo Avenue, Montauk, NY 11954. The telephone number is (631) 668-1612.
    Source: Suffolk County Emergency Management/TWC
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

I guess this storm was really hyped but didn't do much damage as far as I know. Great shots though moose!
    Adam Sheinhaus

We had sun in Manhattan most of the morning then just cloudy. Not a drop of rain. No winds. Just got home (eastern Nassau) and still no rain, breezy, humid as hell.

Very strange...from what I've heard out east and in CT, even the heavier-looking squalls on radar are not dropping much rain.

A little breezy here in Manhattan, but just some random spritzes falling out of the sky...literally just a few drops at at time.
    Last edited by Matt Molnar; 2010-09-03 at 05:21 PM.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

It was a total wash. Not a drop of percip fell in Long Beach and peak winds were about 15 Kts. The only real indication of anything different from normal was the amazing surf which nearly swallowed most lifeguard towers. Waves were running average 10 feet most of the day and growing to 15 and change during high tide. It was not that choppy confused crap March's Nore'Easter brough either. These were beautiful rolling sets. I got my stick out and took a few rides as high tide approached but it was a touch above my comfort level when they started peaking out. I did take about an hour and a half worth of amazing pics of the surf and others dropping into the slot though. Debating posting them later.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    For those of you whom like to track storms, etc., this is one site I like. Check it out!

http://www.spaghettimodels.com/

Great page. I just "liked" it on FB.
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

NLovis
    Dud of a storm. No rain in Nassau or JFK. Thought it would be much worse.

I work in Westerly RI so I headed out to Watch Hill around 3:30 in the afternoon to shoot some pics of the surf. Here is my favorite pic from the afternoon. I headed back to my truck just in time as the sky opened up the rain came down.

Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Lucky you to live in such a beautiful state ;-) Great shot! love the Seagull lol as if nothing is going on!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Lucky you to live in such a beautiful state ;-) Great shot! love the Seagull lol as if nothing is going on!
    LOL nothing like looking at Hurricane pictures as I prepare to dig out from a Nor'easters 12 inches of snow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    LOL nothing like looking at Hurricane pictures as I prepare to dig out from a Nor'easters 12 inches of snow!!!
    At least you only got 12". We've got that on the ground already here and its still coming down pretty heavily. Prediction as of this morning is 12-24" before storm is done.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    At least you only got 12". We've got that on the ground already here and its still coming down pretty heavily. Prediction as of this morning is 12-24" before storm is done.
    Yeah all done here but looks like its moving fast to the NE. Good luck.