Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: UN Week September 20 - September 26, 2010

UN Week September 20 - September 26, 2010

Just a general question.......what day(s) do you foresee the international arrivals coming in for the UN session? This should be a great week for spotting.Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Usually the weekend before - Sept 18 & 19 - should be when most of the arrivals come in.

Im planning to come on one of those days to shoot out
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Yippie, more work

I'd be up for spotting on one or both of those days as well if anyone's interested.

And do we know when POTUS will address the UN? I'd like to try to get a good picture of Marine One. I think it'll be Tues or Weds, but not sure, and it's too early for the TFRs to come out.

NLovis
    I'll be closely watching from my home on the AOA. My film camera cant handle these fast moving shots very well. Not to mention my range limitation.

It's September already and no one's even mentioned UN Week until now. I'm hoping to get out there and enjoy it this time around.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

The big concentration for TFRs should be the 21st to the 25th. An unusual Saturday (which of course we just love to come in on weekends) is included. I would expect a big push out on the 26th with a few stragglers making it an extended weekend
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    I'll be out there this year as well. Hoping to get 4 days out of it and more VIP aircraft then last year.
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Phil

I just noticed this thread about UN Week! What kind of aircraft or airlines are expected to JFK on top of what already comes in? I'm hoping it's something like what I just experienced this summer with the G20 in YYZ. Hope you can help, all the best, Kelli

I will miss the start of the hit parade on Monday. Hopefully there wont be much. I'll be landing at JFK on the 21st at about 9 AM and before the gear comes down on the way in I'll be getting my gear ready. I will probably spend a good portion of the day roaming around a few spots on property so if you have my BBM or phone number hit me up. Depending on the predominate runways used this week I will either be around JFK or I will bee rooftop from home (if the 31's are in use) though. And yes Tommy, I will have a beer in my hand! :p
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Should be pretty fun. I'll be stalking the weather all week to plan.

Hello all:

I am an aviation enthusiast from Canada who would be interested in knowing what is expected to arrive for UN Week next week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Is there an advanced warning of what is coming and would it be posted on this website in advance. Hope to hear from all fellow aviation enthusiasts in the NYC area, thanks B77WYYZ

UN Week offers nothing in advance. Only a portion of the flights that come in show up on the trackers. But, we know they're coming. This is like fishing, and we know that a school of huge fish will be passing through our stream at a certain time. You just gotta show up and enjoy what comes!

I'll definitely be spotting and hoping to catch some of those big fish..........hook, line and sinker!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet