Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: UN Week September 20 - September 26, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    I don't think AF1 will go to SWF, usually stays put at JFK.
    In previous years they've kept one at JFK and the alternative aircraft will go to SWF.

The Jordanian A318 is now parked at Excelaire in Islip...where the Travolta jet was parked. Saw it this morning on my flight.

Business is picking up...just had the Gainjet 752 SX-RFA arrive, as well as the Global Jet Luxembourg A318 LX-GJC. Also had a Dornier 328 come in, N429FJ. Don't know if it is UN related or not.

In other news, Virgin new colors and LAN One World just arrived as well. Photos to follow.

The Russian Ilyushian came in about 6:45pm, and the lighting conditions were terrible. I tried to clean up the image as best as I could given the circumstances.

The best part was listening to the tower, and the next aircraft in the sequence was checking-in with the tower. The tower tells the pilot to follow the Ilyushian..........and the pilots response was......"follow the what!!!!" I guess the guy didn't have a clue what the heck that was..........kind of funny I thought.

Does anyone know if the Ilyushian is still parked at JFK or did they move elsewhere???
    Last edited by Zee71; 2010-09-20 at 05:48 PM.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Fantastic group photo! Here are my photo's. I couldn't do much with the Royal Jordanian/Comlux since I was on the move and shooting through the car window. Also, I caught the IL-96, but the lighting was very poor and I had to pump up the ISO and then clean up the noise. I guess it's better to have some captures better then none even if the image quality is poor. (I was the guy with the Pan Am t-shirt)
    Nice shirt man!

Great shots by all. Exciting varied traffic!

Nice to see the NYC contingent in one shot, can't wait to come down and share the spotting duties with ya.

I am still surprised that so many countries send VIP aircraft! Wouldn't it be much easier and cheaper to just put the head-of-state in first class on their flagship carrier?

Btw, did the Israeli Air Force send a VIP jet? Or just a chartered El Al flight?

Hello all

Nice to see more UN traffic show up on Sunday. Sorry I couldn't stay to get them. I enjoyed my visit on Saturday and met many new friends. I look forward to seeing you all again in the very near future, I enjoyed JFK immensely, (except for the fact they were landing on the 13's) Nice to see Rajesh again and finally meet Brian (from Virginia) and all the many new friends I met at the Mounds. see you all again, thanks, Kelli (B77WYYZ).

Quote Originally Posted by JZ View Post
    It's a great turn out today. Despite the slow traffic, we enjoyed the comradery of the group. Here are the photos. Please pm me with you email if you want to get the original copies.

Second photo
    Geez am I the only one that works full time around here? Sheesh!!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    I don't think AF1 will go to SWF, usually stays put at JFK.
    I saw on that special on the History Channel "Secret Access: Air Force One" that, if I remember correctly, a back-up AF1 travels with the Presidential entourage but possibly that is only for overseas missions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Geez am I the only one that works full time around here? Sheesh!!
    Well one thing I am getting in Manhattan is some very cool motorcade action. Not sure who was coming down Lex Ave this morning but was being led by Highway Patrol MCs
    and they along with the security detail were actively making sure no cars came into the path of the motorcade. The threat of being rammed works!!

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    It was a great to meet Brian and Justin and run into Moose.
    Beautiful weather along with new UN VIP aircraft for me.
    Here they are:

Gainjet B757-200 flying for Cameroon

Finally I have the French A319

And the French Falcon

Finally my first Tupolev!

Last edited by AirtrafficController; 2010-09-20 at 09:20 PM.
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Quote Originally Posted by B77WYYZ View Post
    Hello all

Nice to see more UN traffic show up on Sunday. Sorry I couldn't stay to get them. I enjoyed my visit on Saturday and met many new friends. I look forward to seeing you all again in the very near future, I enjoyed JFK immensely, (except for the fact they were landing on the 13's) Nice to see Rajesh again and finally meet Brian (from Virginia) and all the many new friends I met at the Mounds. see you all again, thanks, Kelli (B77WYYZ).
    Hey Kelli

It was good to meet you on Saturday.

I got the Vietnam and the Spanish AF A310 after I left the mounds!

Mark

The Namibian Govt Falcon 900 is at Teterboro

Thanks

Thanks again guys for a good time this weekend.

As I was taxiing out tonight a blue and red TU-154 was following a follow me truck over near 31L. Just a heads up on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazed767 View Post
    Thanks again guys for a good time this weekend.

As I was taxiing out tonight a blue and red TU-154 was following a follow me truck over near 31L. Just a heads up on that!
    It flew over my car as I was driving back to Firestone, after bringing a couple of spotters to the terminal. If I ever find those guys online, there will be hell to pay!

Haha...nice meeting you and Brian, and glad you got home safely!
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram