Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: UN Week September 20 - September 26, 2010

Mystery B744 Seen on Sept. 22

I was spotting at Brighton Beach on Sept. 22 and made only visual contact with a B744 heading for a 13L arrival. I never saw these markings before and saw no flag. The tail fin was white with a red spot in the center. The lettering was indistinct. It might have been a cargo flight or even a diplomatic aircraft. Does anybody have any idea what it could be? It is not shown on Passur, so I believe it was a military flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Great shots. saw the aircraft parked next to Trump 727 at Kid's Day but security guard kept hassling me. What time did it finally depart? Won't even ask you how you stayed after 4 PM when Kids Day was over.
    We had a group (8 to 10 of us) hanging around watching them load up, nobody really bothered us. A little before 4pm, someone with a "Staff" shirt told us to head toward the bus as the ramp had to be cleared by 4, but with the size of the lines still waiting to board the open airliners we knew that wasn't going to happen, and she walked away without another word to us. We even had a guy in a Port SUV pull up, and rather than chase us to the bus, he started asking about A.net and other aviation web sites, said he takes photos too. The plane departed around 4:20, and we were on just about the last set of buses, there were only a handful of visitors still on the ramp when we left after getting the photos.

I was spotting at Brighton Beach on Sept. 22 and made only visual contact with a B744 heading for a 13L arrival. I never saw these markings before and saw no flag. The tail fin was white with a red spot in the center. The lettering was indistinct. It might have been a cargo flight or even a diplomatic aircraft. Does anybody have any idea what it could be? It is not shown on Passur, so I believe it was a military flight.
    Japan Airforce
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    I saw the MEA over Brighton Beach on 9-29 at 1624 enroute to the CRI VOR, so how could she arrive at 1618 ? Also, I never saw the RJA !318. Did she arrive via Rwy 22L?
    I reported the Cedarjet when it was still with Approach. I forget which runway the Jordanian landed on. These reports were done from my office as I was listening to the LiveATC stream and calculating the maximum per hour capacity of the B58 stop at Adams and Joralemon.

Great photos from all, really enjoyed the whole thread. The F-22 refueling was just icing on the cake. Whanks to Woz for pointing me in the right direction :-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by bluejuice View Post
    Air Zimbabwe Z-WPE 767-200 just arrived on 13 L parked over at the triple hangers 12:15PM
    Picture later
    "You above all"