Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did you get your forum Name

Cool How did you get your forum Name

I thought it would be neat to see how others came up with their forum Name

Derf is Fred backwards... In Grammar school a friend called me it who was dyslectic. I liked it and it stuck. What is your story?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

My story about how I got my forum name goes back many years ago back to before I was born actually.... it's just my name lol.

Ok so I couldn't think of any cool names when I signed up

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    goes back to a.net, was trying a bunch of different a/c type combinations combinations but all were taken. the notepad sitting on my desk was from the manufacturers of the drug 'cancidas'. i tried it, it worked, it stuck.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas View Post
    goes back to a.net, was trying a bunch of different a/c type combinations combinations but all were taken. the notepad sitting on my desk was from the manufacturers of the drug 'cancidas'. i tried it, it worked, it stuck.
    Couldnt you find a better drug than an anti-fungal, anti-yeast?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Gerard, thank G-d Monistat 7 wasn't sitting on the desk.

M is for Mario

IRR I chose to reflect that I worked on the LIRR at one point and enjoyed it.

ODIE is the phonetic sound for my degree.

thus

M*IRR*ODIE... yes those all nighters had an effect on us!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Mom and Pop.

EMSHighway came from my days in EMS. Working the South Bronx, we covered the Bruckner, Sheridan, Bronx River and Cross Bronx plus we were known for getting anywhere quickly. The Borough Commander was going to do an inspection of the station on Webster Avenue (which was a condemned chop-shop the city seized). My partner and I had eight point hats (PD Style) we had for a previous funeral. We took out the metal ring and puffed them up like Highway PD wore. We also bloused our combat boots and has DWI (Dialing while Intoxicated) Task Force on the back of the bus (Ambulance). When the Borough Commander came he nicknamed use "Highway 21 Adam".

It stuck with me since I proved the point by being radared on the Bronx River Parkway doing 110, chasing a perp in a car that tried to run a cop over onto the Yonkers raceway track. Also made it from EMS HQ in Maspeth to the 41 Precinct for a shooting in nine minutes in rush hour traffic. Never dangerous, just good driving .

Still called Highway by EMS friends. People in the IT field thought it was about Extended Memory System and a play on the Internet Superhighway. Little did they know

You had to ask.

I'm standing on the back step because my partner is 6"4"
    Last edited by emshighway; 2010-08-28 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Added photo
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

I had to ask!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Name..boring..I know...
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

[QUOTE=mirrodie;428715]Gerard, thank G-d Monistat 7 wasn't sitting on the desk.

Or Vagisil

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Dropped the "c" from my first name, initial of my last name and 69 is not my birthyear
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I always wondered where that name came from Mario, but never wanted to ask, since I figured there was some embarrassing story behind it - I see I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Dropped the "c" from my first name, initial of my last name and 69 is not my birthyear
    Nick was 69 years old when he joined the forum...

For me, I have been called Moose forever - in fact, my father has been called Moose even longer than that. Back about 15 years ago, when I got my first e-mail account on Juno, where I could pick my own name, I used "Moose" and added the "135" from my old ride, the KC-135. I've used it all over since, I even still use that same Juno account, so if you see a Moose135 somewhere online, it is most likely me.

My username is pretty simple; I'm in the Air Force and I fly airplanes (not as "old of a ride" as the -135 tho ;) ).

I actually had the username well before I actually became a pilot and I think even before I was commissioned. Honestly, this is the only real forum that I use it on and if I could change it I would, but I don't really care enough to at this point.

From all the blue stuff around where I work at JFK
    "You above all"

li - I live on Long Island
    jk -my initials
    604 - first bizjet I got the grand tour of.