• Works with all Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
    • Vari-Angle/Flip-Out Clear View 3" LCD
    • ISO 6400 - Expandable to 12800
    • HDMI Output to HDTV
    • In-Camera Editing Options

$1099 body only
    $1399 with EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM zoom lens

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...R_Digital.html
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I am surprised the price is not sky high. Once I see the review for noise level on higher ISO for such camera with high mega pixel, my 30D will get a brother.

Quote Originally Posted by MSN007 View Post
    I am surprised the price is not sky high. Once I see the review for noise level on higher ISO for such camera with high mega pixel, my 30D will get a brother.
    Well, the price is not sky high because it's not really much better than the Rebel T2i. It's got the same AF system as the 50D, and arguably worse metering (the new iFCL system, which I think is cr*p). Plus, a downgrade from the magnesium alloy body.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Well, the price is not sky high because it's not really much better than the Rebel T2i. It's got the same AF system as the 50D, and arguably worse metering (the new iFCL system, which I think is cr*p). Plus, a downgrade from the magnesium alloy body.
    Cary, the world of Nikon awaits you!

Program Coordinator
    Agree more or less completely. It's all the bad parts of the 7D with virtually none of the good. The improvements on the 50D are slight at best. If they turned this into a 15MP camera it might be better. On the face of it I'm not at all impressed with the camera. The video...more so impressed...but if I want a video camera I'll buy a video camera or use my 7D.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Cary, the world of Nikon awaits you!
    Haha, I've actually contemplated going back to Nikon a lot since I got the 7D. Too bad I already have so much invested in Canon at this point.

Program Coordinator
    really dislike the 7D huh? what lens do you use with it

Quote Originally Posted by jerslice View Post
    really dislike the 7D huh? what lens do you use with it
    Yes, I do....mostly its inability to meter properly and consistently from shot to shot in very normal, similar scenes with evaluative and center-weighted. There have been quite a few other people who have noticed this, but the majority of people don't care/can't tell. It happens with my 10-22, 24-70, and the 100-400. I've never used my 70-200 with it. And this is my third 7d body, so I don't think it's an issue with getting a lemon. I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but here's an example...2 underexposed photos and 1 overexposed, all in the same sequence. This is my Lightroom view, with no modifications or cropping:

Top left: 1/800, f11.0
    Top right: 1/800, f8.0
    Bottom: 1/800, f11.0

Never had a DSLR that was so inconsistent. This is how a series of photos in the same light should look with center-weighted/evaluative (from my 40D):

Program Coordinator
    Cary, I started going to all manual on it...and it's made a difference - but I have also noticed that it's IQ isn't extremely high. For the most part I don't really care, it's something I can fix in post-process very easily and because I didn't find it made much of a difference in terms of outcomes. Maybe I'm just lucky with mine. The 100-400 is crap on it...the lens isn't good enough for the resolution of the body. I have a 70-200 II on the way soon (should be here in the morning). If that doesn't work out and I'm still not incredibly pleased I'll be selling the 7D. I love the 300f/2.8 on it - it produces very consistent wonderful results but I can't afford either version of it. But I don't know what I'd switch to if I still see the same issues?; The 5D mkii doesn't have airshow performance with burst or AF tracking...the 60D doesn't look to be worthwhile...the 50D was lackluster and the 40D (which I have) doesn't cut it for the airshows. And I certainly can't afford a Mark IV much as I would love to. Maybe looking at Nikon at that point? *gulp*
    Last edited by jerslice; 2010-08-27 at 02:41 AM.

Thank god I am a NIKON man....

My 100-400 gives nice sharp pictures at 100% with the 7D, provided the AF actually hits perfectly, which isn't always the case. I guess I'm somewhat spoiled by my 1Dm3, which almost always nails critical focus. When did you buy your 100-400? I've heard the quality control is a little spotty on them.

Program Coordinator
    bought it in 2008...did great on the 40D.