Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When it rains....

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

When it rains....

GOing home, the pax side window in the trusty Altima does not want to go back up. The motor is running but I hear a clang like metal hitting glass then it wont raise back up..

A few hours later I remove the door panel and manually raise the window. So at least I can get to the problem in the morning.

Then I run an errand and the Driver side window fails (no motor running, so a completely un-related issue) in the down position and I CANT raise it for hte life of me!

FML......must be the full moon

end rant
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

IT'S NOT THE MOON, BUT BECAUSE OF THE MERCURY RETROGRADE!!!! haha. Some really believe, that, so look it up, an entertaining read at the least.

Sorry to hear about your recent car problems. It does pour when it rains. :(
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

sorry to hear about your car... that blows
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

......just took another go at raising the driver side window......

and now its raining.

Ugh. Just ranting. THanks!
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    ......just took another go at raising the driver side window......

and now its raining.

Ugh. Just ranting. THanks!
    Thats why electric windows suck!!
    Back in Dec 2000 my wife and I bought a 2001 Civic sedan. To save $$$ and since it was basically going to be a "station/Local" car
    we decided not to get electric locks, windows and just basic AM/FM radio. I love it, has 78,000 miles on it but my soon to be 16 year old
    daughter wont be caught dead in it. She calls it "Dads Stupid Little Car". Well when she starts to learn how to drive guess what car
    she will be using?

I HATE electric windows. I hate the whole automation process and that is why I prefer less bells and whistles!

Oh tell your daughter she has it EASY!! my game plan is to buy an old 1984 Buick Electra Estate Wagon and let both of mine learn on that.

If you can drive that and parallel park it, you can do anything! And it helps build self esteem!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Oh tell your daughter she has it EASY!! my game plan is to buy an old 1984 Buick Electra Estate Wagon and let both of mine learn on that.

If you can drive that and parallel park it, you can do anything! And it helps build self esteem!
    amen to that mario, i learned on a 1980 pontiac bonneville wagon. that thing was a boat, but these days i've no problem driving deicing trucks, 10K fuel tankers, 30ft quad cab pickups or anything else i end up behind the wheel of. my parallel parking skills have faltered a bit mostly because i park in garages and car parks about 99% of the time.

oh and as to the window, i've had only 2 fail on me both were drivers side (of course) on my 1990 Bronco and my '95 Exploder. the exploder actually died the day i met up for dinner before going to fred's first ever "history under the star." no problems since.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I love it!!! And I'm always proud of myself when I leave Long Island and have to parallel park and pop that bad boy right in!!
    The only problem not having electric windows is when someone pulls up on the passenger side to ask a question and you have to lean over to roll it down. Usually the look on
    their face is price priceless.

Mario, the old 97 Maxima has never once had a power window issue, guess I have been lucky. And BTW one of the cars I learned to drive in was our new at the time 1974 Buick Estate Wagan, complete with the rear facing 3rd seat and fake wood panelling on the sides, even a bigger boat than the 84.

Put on your big girl pants stop complaining and go buy yourself a new car ;)

I had my driver-side window fail on the NJ Turnpike in November. Needless to say I froze my a** off going to NY and back. At least no precip before I got it fixed

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777 View Post
    Mario, the old 97 Maxima has never once had a power window issue, guess I have been lucky. And BTW one of the cars I learned to drive in was our new at the time 1974 Buick Estate Wagan, complete with the rear facing 3rd seat and fake wood panelling on the sides, even a bigger boat than the 84.
    excellent! ITs character building. Also, the back seat space was quite useful....

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    Put on your big girl pants stop complaining and go buy yourself a new car ;)
    Don;t you have the big girl pants? You know Tom, its the little things that annoy the crap out of me. I was gonna go buy another car but for a 2000 with less than 100K on it.....The parts and labor will cost less than a 1 month payment on a new car. But there are no other cars out right now that have even piqued my interest if I were to buy another

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    I had my driver-side window fail on the NJ Turnpike in November. Needless to say I froze my a** off going to NY and back. At least no precip before I got it fixed

At the end of the day (rant!), all I wish for is for the window to FAIL in the UP POSITION! Or at least have a way to manually raise the window.....What a pain in the ass that was.

NLovis
    This is why I have a 97 Dodge Intrepid. Got it no cost from my father and I didnt have any problems with it till the tranny went a few months ago. Was orig tranny with 143K miles on it. I am now approaching 147k miles and I have no issies.... aside from the ac compressor thay went on me in march of 09. 2 years diving around without ac. WOOOO. My main point though. GET A DODGE. PS Orig engine still

Seriously, NLovis, you have no point. You have a Dodge that you inherited and already had to put in a new tranny (figure $3500) and drove w/o a/c for 2 years. NO ISSUES?

In retrospect, I enjoy doing light duty on cars. The last time wifey got the window fixed I think it cost her $243 so I saved a bit of cash in doing it myself.
    Anyway, that was a complete full moon. the drivers side motor blew out, so I bought a new and installed it MYSELF at $60. The pax side motor works but the gear mechanism is warped....so I may spring another $60 or just fix the window in the Up position and clamp in there within the door mechanism.