Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When it rains....

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Seriously, NLovis, you have no point. You have a Dodge that you inherited and already had to put in a new tranny (figure $3500) and drove w/o a/c for 2 years. NO ISSUES?

In retrospect, I enjoy doing light duty on cars. The last time wifey got the window fixed I think it cost her $243 so I saved a bit of cash in doing it myself.
    Anyway, that was a complete full moon. the drivers side motor blew out, so I bought a new and installed it MYSELF at $60. The pax side motor works but the gear mechanism is warped....so I may spring another $60 or just fix the window in the Up position and clamp in there within the door mechanism.

i also inherited a car from my old man, a cadillac and the biggest POS on the road. glad that died on me and i bought my current truck. speaking of which, tonight's a milestone and while i was sitting on the side of the prospect expressway i actually caught myself thinking of this thread. in the 10 years i've owned fords tonight's only the second time i've had to get towed, and only the first time it was because the truck broke down. after 160,000+ miles the fuel pump decided to quit. got towed, AAA is paying for it and i think i'll be letting my mechanic drop the full tank of gas and switch out the pump for me.

mario i too do my own work. each and every oil change and tune-up on my truck (and my brother's and fathers car), replaced my own suspension, replacing my own exhaust next month, changed both front headlights and grill and fixed the stereo too. i too am driving without AC but i also can't drive with the windows up unless it's raining. but since the truck is at the shop now i think that'll get fixed finally too.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    used to love doing oil changes but with 2 garages walking distance in the office, I tend to farm that simple one out. Plus with the oil stowage, etc, I figure hte $30 bucks is just easier.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

NLovis
    When it rains. I come home from work yestrday at 7:45AM after a 12hr day to upload some photos to my comp before i sleep and what happens? CLANK CLANK CLANK. I'm like wtf. Is that a hard drive? Turn it off and on CLANK CLANK CLANK. I open up my 8 year old Dell and power up again. Same result. I unplug the comp and unplug 1 of the 2 hard drives inside. Boot up no clanking, swap hard drives and try again, no sound. Swell. try again and the hard drive boots up a min after it was supposed to and very weak. i pull it out and low and behold its the hard drive with all my computer data on it. Now i'm wide awake and annoyed. I switch the backup hard drive to main and boot, doesnt leave the dell screen now what? try again this time with both hard drives in, i smell something burning. end result i lost a hard drive which now i have to see if i can get data extracted from it and a roasted mother board. Its pouring now. So i slept a little and went out and bought a new computer. Final results? quad core processor and 1 terabyte of space with a luckally backed up photo gallery on my external hard drive. Also lucky i forgot to delete photos off of my camera so what i didnt have backed up I took from my camera. Now I have to go and buy all my music again. there is another $60 from my wallet. Earl got nothing on this storm