Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Force Week 2010 NYC Flyover Schedule

Air Force Week 2010 NYC Flyover Schedule

Wednesday Aug 25th
    A C-17 Globemaster III out of the 305th Air Mobility Wing at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ, will fly over the Brooklyn Cyclones vs. Aberdeen Ironbirds game at MCU Park in Coney Island, game starts at 7pm.

Thursday August 26th
    A B-52 Stratofortress out of the 5th Bomb Wing at Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota will fly over the Mets vs. Marlins game at CitiField, which starts at 7:10pm.

Saturday August 28th
    A C-17 Globemaster III out of the 305th Air Mobility Wing at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J., will fly over the New York Red Bulls vs. San Jose Earthquakes match at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, NJ.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I know this is late (LOL) but in 20 minutes the Brazilian Smoke Team and a C-130 will be buzzing the Statue of Liberty then head up to the Portsmouth (NH) Air Show.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    the B-52 over citifield should be quite a sight and sound... hope i'm working!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I know this is late (LOL) but in 20 minutes the Brazilian Smoke Team and a C-130 will be buzzing the Statue of Liberty then head up to the Portsmouth (NH) Air Show.
    Here are some pics: http://gothamist.com/2010/08/26/flyover_fun.php

I plan on heading out to Citi for the BUFF.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

[QUOTE=GothamSpotter;428588]Here are some pics: http://gothamist.com/2010/08/26/flyover_fun.php

Nice shots. Our guys always on the ball. I like the C-130 leading them. Too bad that
    didnt fly with them at A/C yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    I plan on heading out to Citi for the BUFF.
    How was it? Watching the Met game on TV and not a word or picture about it.

The flight was canceled for, what at this time is, an unknown reason. I know lots of people from all over headed out, and the weather is GORGEOUS, but all were disappointed.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    The flight was canceled for, what at this time is, an unknown reason. I know lots of people from all over headed out, and the weather is GORGEOUS, but all were disappointed.
    Another illustration that the Air Force went to hell after the fighter guys killed off SAC.

FYI- we were supposed to get 2 passes from the BUFF at the AC show,
    so I guess we were lucky to get just one yesterday !!!
    Oh well, so much for "Air Force" Week in NYC !!!

Did the C-17 do the Fly-over Wed night?

No idea, but leaning towards no. I haven't seen anything about it online, I think someone would have posted pics on Flickr.

Yeah I only went to the game because of the B-52 ( I got free tickets :) ).

The C17 did do the flyover over Coney Island on Wednesday night - I know one of the guys that did it.

As for the B52 canx-ing, not sure why it did or where it was staging out of (presumably ACY or WRI) but my best guess would be that it was a maintenance issue that kept it from making the flyover on-time, so it was scrapped altogether.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Another illustration that the Air Force went to hell after the fighter guys killed off SAC.
    while i agree with moose, i think that a certain other agency had thier hand in nixing that one.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas View Post
    while i agree with moose, i think that a certain other agency had thier hand in nixing that one.
    The Yankees?