Thread: FRG flight school

FRG flight school

Hey guys - has anyone here had any experience with flight school at FRG? I'd like to take an intro flight this thursday, and possibly start a PPL over the course of a month or so after I finish my bachelors in december.

I'm looking for an accredited place who is reasonably priced, and has alot of patience to deal with my beginner questions

Thanks!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Which FRG flight school are you looking into?

I've flown with NFI before for an introduction flight and it was great and the people there are very nice!
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51 View Post
    Which FRG flight school are you looking into?

I've flown with NFI before for an introduction flight and it was great and the people there are very nice!
    I'm starting from scratch, my mind is intent on getting a PPL. Will give NFI a look, I think a friend of mine uses them too

We actually have a forum member, Nassau Flyers (of all names...) who works at NFI and can probably tell you more about their program.

NFI is a great place to go. they have been big supporters of NYCA, and many of us had the chance to meet them, as they came to an NYCA event. They really have a lot of passion behind their flying. I would say to go with them.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Good to know that these guys have a good reputation. Thanks for your input guys

Lezam,

If you are shopping around, why not have a look at the Farmingdale Flying Club. I am a CFI who utilizes their planes and have been teaching since 1992. We have a very nice Cessna C-172S (G-1000) glass cockpit, Piper Warrior, Piper Seminole and soon a Piper Archer. The aircraft are meticulously maintained by the club founder who is a mechanic for AA at JFK. He also happens to own the 172 and Seminole.

I am very happy with this operation. We have also just acquired an office on Rt 109 across from the airport. I am looking forward to seeing it grow. Send me a PM if you would like rates or more info.

Pete